Chapter 31

Cameron's P.O.V

"Matt these guys are close I know they are because these texts are coming in more frequently" I frustratedly speak into the phone whilst treading down the stairs and into the lounge.

"Yeah I would have guessed they're all ready here and probably planning on how to attack you" Matt takes a slight pause letting out a low sigh. "And to be honest I think they will most likely put Theo plan into action soon".

"Well then I'm screwed if we don't all come together and now to discuss how we are going to prevent anyone from dying... Except them" I finish slumping on the sofa and letting a sigh escape my mouth.

"I know, I know I think we should all meet tonight to discuss what we will do".

"But to know what to do won't I have to agree on a place to meet with my potential murder's?" 

"Yes"

"Wow blunt" I say amused by the awkwardness in his tone. "Well where should I tell them to go and when?" 

"You decide that, you were basically the leader of our gang before. I mean Wess didn't do shit so you will know what's best to do".

I hear some one enter the room Matt is in through the phone and my ears suddenly perk up when I hear the voice of the person.

I suddenly stand up from the sofa in a panic.

"Matt don't you fucking dare tell her about this or I will kill you along with those bastards got it?" 

"Wow you know I really have missed being in business with you cameron, you're always so nice" Matt sighs out in a sarcastic tone.

"I mean it Matt".

"Oh hey" Matts voice becomes fainter as he moves the phone away from his ear to greet the person who had walked into his house.

"Matt seriously, I can't screw this up" I admitted hanging my head low.

"So what I'm meant to lie to my best friend and probably everyone else that isn't involved" his voice becomes more hushed as he whispers to me.

"Yeah, it won't be for long and after we're done we will never have to address it again and can go back to our normal lives".

"Normal lives okay" Matt scoffs.

"Please Matt I don't want her finding out and labelling me as the same guy as before, I'm trying to show her I'm different."

"Why?"

"I don't know if I'm being honest" I sighed causing Matt to hum in annoyance on the other side of the line and directly into my ear.

"Fine I won't tell her".

My head snapped up and I thanked Matt for agreeing on not telling her.

"See Cam you can be persuasive without using violence".

"Okay don't get all sappy on me" I chuckle into the phone feeling a wave of relief wash over me.

"Haha fine I'll see you later yeah? At my place with all the guys. Around 9?"

"Yeah sure, bye"

"See ya"

I then hang up the phone and let out a long breath and rub my face with my hands.

-------
Matts P.O.V

"Hey Matt who were you talking to" Katie asked strolling into the lounge and sitting down next to me.

"Oh just Cameron" I reply locking my phone and turning to face her.

"Oh really" she says a small smile growing on her face as she turns away from me.

"Yeah, why so happy at the mention of his name". I ask sitting up and  grabbing her shoulders so she looks at me.

"What, Matt get off" she says giggling and pulling my hands off.

"No why are you blushing" I ask happy with myself that I discovered her cheeks turning I darker shade of pink.

"Just because you're making me embarrassed"

"Well why am I making you embarrassed"

"Just because you're making a fuss"

"I'm making a fuss" I say imitating her "because you're acting all giggly and girl just at the mention of his name".

I pause for a bit examining her.

"Tell me" I suddenly say.

"Tell you what, there is nothing to tell"

"Do you like him" I ask becoming serious.

"Honestly... I'm not sure" she sighs.

I move away from her shoulders and suddenly the boy bestfriend role takes over.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I'm starting to get feelings for him again. But Matt I can't, I can't risk getting my heart broken all over again because I know he will never like me again. I shouldn't put myself through this but I just can't help it, I can't keep myself away from him".

"Oh god Katie".

"I know".

"You know what, don't stay away from him and don't try to keep yourself away give in, if you like him why should you. I get that you are putting your heart on the line but you know sometimes you have to risk it".

"I'm just a bit hesitant."

"That's understandable, just let it happen naturally".

"I'll think about it" she says turning to me with a grin on her face and I know she's already made up her mind.

The only reason I would suggest that she let her feelings run wild is because I think Cameron's might be doing the same.