Chapter 8

Katie's P.O.V

At the moment I was lying on my sofa scrolling through Twitter when I hear a knock on my door.

I get up make my way over to it. As I open the door I see Neve standing there waiting for me to open it,

"Hey" I said

"Hi" she said walking in

"I don't remember asking if you wanted to come in" I turned around to face Neve.

"I have never asked to come in" she points out

"True" I shrugged and walked back to the sofa.

"What you doing" Neve asks sitting next to me. 

"Just scrolling through my Twitter feed" I replied looking at her sceptically, She's acting weird.

"Cool" she says, there is something she wants to say.

"What?" I ask letting my hands drop to my lap.

"Huh?"

"What do you want to tell me?" I said to her, my eyebrows knitting together.

"Nothing" she said her voice getting
higher at the end.

"Neve" I say stretching out the word

"Nothing"

"Neve"

"Nothing"

"Neve" I snapped

"Fine" she huffs. There was a long pause before she she continued "Nash and I saw Cameron yesterday".

When I hear that my heartbeat increases and I can hear the thumping in my ears.

"Oh" I say looking at the ground. "How was it" I say shaking my head and plastering a fake smile on my face. 

"Katie don't act like your fine about this, I know your not" she says sternly at me.

I feel my face drop and I let out a big sigh "it's just weird, him being back"
"I know" she says shuffling closer to me.

"How is he" I ask staring at my hands.

"Well I couldn't really tell, he has that same dead look in his eyes" she said
"Oh" is all I could say.

I really want to see him but I know I can't it will just break my heart again if I do.

Neve just stared at me with a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry Katie" she sighed shaking  her head

"For what" I say looking up at her.

"For him being here, for letting Nash invite him" she had such a guilty look on her face that it made me feel so bad.

"No it's fine, really i'll get over it"
I said putting my arm round her shoulder.

"But I know how hard this is on you and I hate seeing you so upset"

"Well I hate seeing you upset" I told her

She looked up at me and laughed a little and so did I.

"Let's quit being upset" I said to her
"Deal" she smiled at me.

Sorry this chapter is so short, it's just a filler chapter but I will update again today!!