Chapter 19

Carries POV

There was no food within the venue other than the occasional half empty starbucks cup. I was ravenous, ready to eat anything someone put in front of me.

"Connnnnn," I whined, "Connnnoooorrrrr can we just go to Panera?" There was a Panera down the street after all.

"Sure, why not?" he replied and started skipping to the door with me alongside.

Once we arrived at the door, making sure we left nothing behind, we slowed our pace to a leisurely walk. After about 10 minutes we were at the front door of Panera Bread.

"YAYYY!" I shouted, hugging the brick wall.

This received several giggles from Connor. He opened the door for me and I gave him a thankful nod. We strolled into the restraunt. Luckily, they were not busy at all which was strange considering it was 1:15 on a Saturday. I scanned the menu for a bit then scurried to the counter.

"I would like half a turkey panini and a half order of broccoli-cheese soup!" I told the middle-aged woman working behind the counter.

"Same for me," Connor interjected, handing the woman money.

As I dug into my purse, I realized that Connor had just payed for the both of us.

"Con!" I exclaimed.

"Yes?"

"You- you- you didn't need to do that," I stuttered.

"Right," he said grinning, "but I wanted to."

I considered fighting back, telling Connor that I would pay, that I had money, but decided against it. Instead I just wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. Connor laughed and hugged me back. I could stay like this forever. I felt safe in his warm embrace, and I would've if I hadn't just heard our number being called for food. I quickly de-embraced and ran to get our food. Connor was standing behind me and he too grabbed his tray. We manage to find the perfect spot to sit down and eat. A small booth in the back with huge windows. For a few minutes we just ate in silence. It felt awkward. I was so glad when Connor broke the silence for me.

Connors POV

"So how excited are you for Day 2 of Vidcon and Disney Day?"

Carrie practically launched out of her seat.

"More excited than I have ever been in my entire life! I've never been to Disney, but I've always wanted to!"

I was excited that she was excited. Carrie had no idea how amazing Disney Day really was going to be.