Chapter 3

Connors POV

Carrie and I were walking back to the house. It was so hot so we decided to go for a swim. We crossed the intersection. I heard yelling, I was pushed and the next thing I knew Carrie was on the ground, not moving.

"Carrie?! CARRIE!!" I screamed.

I picked her up and brought her to the sidewalk. I called 911.

"What's your emergency?" I heard through my phone.

"My friend and I were walking and she got hit by a car." I gasped trying to stay calm, "she's not responsive."

She asked for our location and I told her. She said help was coming. I hope they get here quick. I call Ricky, Jc, and Kian, telling them what happened. They freaked out and said they would meet me at the hospital.

The ambulance pulled up, Carrie still in my arms. They loaded her in and said I could come as well.

When we got to the hospital everything was hectic. They told me to wait outside the door. I didn't want to, but I did, and met Ricky, Jc, and Kian in the waiting room.

"You ok bro?" Kian asked me.

"No, not really." I replied.

I'm worried. Is Carrie ok? I've only known her for 2 days, but it feels like years the way we talk. I can talk to her about anything. I can talk to her about things I can't even tell the o2l guys.

The doctor walked out. I rushed towards him.

"Is she ok?!" I ask the doctor.

"We think she will be ok, but she will be in a coma for a while."

"Can I see her?" I ask.

The doctor leads me into Carrie's room. I see her laying there, not moving, and I feel overwhelming guilt. I should have payed more attention. This could have been avoided. It's my fault Carrie is asleep and may never wake up.

I walk over to Carrie and her parents rush into the room.

"Is she okay?" I hear Carries mother ask the doctor.

The doctor explains what happened to Carrie, and that she is may be in a coma for a while. I went up to Carries parents and introduced myself.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. I'm Connor, Carries friend." I said. "I was with her when she got hurt."

Just as I said that Carrie's eyes started to flutter open.

"Carrie?" I asked softly.

"Connor?" She asked

She was ok! Carrie was ok! I was so worried that.... well I don't want to think about what could've happened.

"Can we talk to Carrie in private?" Mr. Johnson asked.

I nodded and left the room.

Carries POV

"Who was that boy" my father demanded to know.

"Don't worry Daddy," I said trying to calm him down "Connor is just a friend."

"Honey, are you feeling ok?" my mother asked quietly.

I started thinking. My right shoulder hurt and so did my right side. I told my mother this and she called in a nurse.

"Hello, my name is Angela and I am your nurse!" the girl who entered my room said. "Now what seems to be the problem?"

"Well lets see, I got hit by a car." I said sarcastically.

"Yes we know that." she said " but what is hurting?"

I told her and she told me to wait and someone would come in to take me to get an X-ray.

The doctor came in and say me in a wheelchair to go to the X-ray room. They took X-rays of my entire right side. When I got back to the room Connor was sitting there waiting with a giant teddy bear, balloons, and a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Aw thanks Con!" I shouted when I saw it, "you didn't have to do this!"

"Yeah, I know, I wanted to though." He replied, blushing.

My parents said their goodbyes and the nurse walked in with my X-rays.

"Well the good news is that on your shoulder you just have a bit of bruising." the nurse said perkily.

"Yes!" Connor and I shouted in unison.

"But," she interjected,"you have 3 cracked ribs so you'll have to take it easy for a few weeks."

Connor and I both sighed.

"Hey! A few weeks of going on tumblr all day doesn't sound too bad!" He said trying to bring light to the situation.

I laughed but almost immediately regretted that decision.

"Ow ow ow ow!" I said under my breath.

"Are you ok?" Connor asked worriedly.

"Fine Con, just a little sore," I replied. "So Doc when do I get out of this prison?"

"Right now if you'd like!" she said.

"Let's go!" I shouted and Connor and I headed towards his car.

**********************************************************************************************************

A/N

How did you like this chapter? I tried to make it a bit longer to make up for the last one! Oh and by the way, HAPPY FRANTASTIC MONDAY! ;)