Let Me Talk To Him

Jayden's POV

I've been here sitting at the train station in the old broken down train. The one with all the quotes, man this place brings back bad and great memories. Her and I would come here all the time and still do sometimes. But she's sick and she won't be here at the broken down as much as she use to. No one else is here, that's until the door opened to girl. I sat in my chair and just stared at the the quote wall in front of me. Once she turned around, I knew who she was. It's Zay's friend, Lilly Winston, cousin if the infamous Dallas Winston and sister of rhe infamous Jason Winston. She sat down in the big captain chair beside me, the one Zay usually sits in.

"Hey Jayden, why you out here?" Lilly asked me as she looked at the wall too.

"Just thinking and needed to get away from things." I told her.

"Did you want me to leave?" She asked.

"Nah, I'll be leaving soon anyway. They're probably worried about me."

"Who's worried? Your sister?" I nodded.

"Yep and my girlfriend and her brothers and then her other friends too, which are my friends too." I said and then I explained to her the rest and then the story of how I am here and why everyone is worried about me. Zay tried running out after me, but Ponyboy stopped her from doing so. I want to be with her right now, but I just needed to be alone and so I asked Lilly to drop this whole thing. She did and then she grabbed a marker. Then she wrote on the walls, circling the quotes of each of us. She's in the gang too, but her and Jase aren't really around any more.

"Bye Jayden, see you all around. If you see Zay, tell her to drop by some time." She said. I nodded and waved as she left. I watched as she left down the road, started to snow too out there. I don't got a jacket or anything like that. I closed my eyes and sat back in my seat enjoying my time alone for now to think. I am wearing just jeans, a hoodie and my shoes. No hat, gloves or jacket or anything that has to do with winter.

The door opened once again letting in some cold air. I kept my eyes closed and then someone sat in the seat beside me. I could hear them breathing and then when they sat down. You could hear the old rubber or material squishing together.

"Jay?" I heard, it was my sister.

"What?" I asked her, it wasn't sassy though like most people probably would answer back because I am not one to be like that.

"You alright? You got upset when he knew what she was talking about." My sister said. I kept my eyes closed and talked to her for a little while. I could hear her sitting in her chair, I assume she's sitting with her feet up on the dash board and she's comfy as can be for sitting in a train seat looking at her little brother.

"Yea, it's just. That ain't the first time she talked about dying. She wants to stay here but she knows how sick she is and that she might not get better. I just want her happy and all of us happy. I don't like seeing her down, just like POnyboy doesn't like seeing you down in the dumps." I explained to her.

"What happens if you were in her place?" She asked me.

"What?" I asked a little confused.

"Just answer my question."

"I can't!" I snapped at her.

"Why is that?" She asked calmly and quietly.

"Because I am not her and I could never possibly know how she feels. Even though I wish I could help her in some way. No one wanted her to get sick, bad enough she has asthma, this just tops it off and don't forget the car accident either." I said.

"See, look at what you just said. You don't know how she feels. None of us do,  but we try our best to help her as much as we can as much as she will let us." Bree said. I opened my eyes and turned to face her, I smiled and nodded as I put a smile on her face. I got up and walked over to her, I hugged her tightly as she hugged me back. Her and I left the train and decided to head back to the Curtis house.

Once we stepped foot in the house, we had people asking me where I went and what I did wrong or what Zay did wrong. Then they asked where Ponyboy and Darry, because they apparently went out looking for me and Bree. Bree pulled me over with her and we went to the kitchen, with Soda and Steve following us.

"Do you guys know what happened between her and Jason?" Soda asked us. What did he do? He didn't go around kissing my girl, did he? Tell me he didn't because if he did, then his face is getting knocked in big time.

"No" Bree and I said.

"And where were you?" Steve asked me.

"Lay off, I didn't do anything or say anything. It was Zaylee who said stuff." I explained and pushed passed them making my way to the living room and sitting on the couch, then empty one because Dal and Johnny are ont he other one with Two in front of them on the ground. The other three came in and Bree said she was leaving to go find Ponyboy and darry. I was gonna leave with her, but she told me to stay put and listen to the guys here. She told me to listen to mainly Soda, since she doesn't trust the others with me.

"Soda?" I heard, it was Zaylee. Soda got up and told me to stay put.So I did and I turned my attention to Dally.

"What did she say about Jason?" I asked him. He turned and faced me as Two ket eating and shoveling cake in his mouth. So it made it harder to try and listen to Dal.

"She just said to keep him away for her." Dal said. That's it, nothing else? Soda came back down the hall and pointed to me, and then pointed down the hall. I guess I go down the hall and see her. I walked into her room and she was awake and at her desk.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked her. She turned in her chair and looked at me with a smile. She got up and ran over to me hugging me. I fell to the ground from how much force she used and somehow managed to knock me down. "That's a yes if you're smiling." I said. She got up and nodded, I got up after and she went over to her bedroom window. This might explain why she's wearing heavy clothes, then she threw me a jacket. I put it on and we jumped out the window and then she led me to behind the house, a shortcut to where ever we're going.

I walked by her side, we held hands as we walked and talked. She said she was sorry for what she said, I told her it was my fault and my emotions got the best of me, once again. SHe led us just outside of Tulsa, where not many people go. It was the lake, its all frozen and pretty cool actually. But why are we here?

"So, why this place?" I asked her.

"Because I use to come here when I was smaller with my brothers, before mom and dad died." She told me, I nodded and we sat down on the bench by the frozen water. I just looked out at it and thought how nice it was. I've been here before when the snow wasn't here and there was no ice. I put my arm around her, she leaned agasint me yawning. I closed my eyes and I guess I fell asleep before. Unless she sleeps very quietly, I don't know. But I liked the area she chose to come to and sit at. I just know that we'll both be in trouble when we get back home, because we weren't suppose to leave.

A/N

Sorry it's a pretty lousy chapter. Like I said, I am near the end of the book. So I have to wait for the right time to end it. Thanks again and sorry for how bad it might be.