Back To School

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. I sat up and looked around, it's just Soda. I laid back down in my bed and pulled the covers up over my head. I honestly don't want to go to school. I know who will be there for sure. Ponyboy, Jason, Lilly and socs, a whole bunch of them. Soda ripped the blankets off my bed as I whined for him to put them back on. He jumped on my bed and sat next to me, he messed up my hair and smiled. I smiled back and sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just don't want to go to school. Jason will be there and he's annoying." I said. He looked at me confused and then left laughing. I could hear them all laughing out there.  Shoot, did he show that picture to them?

I got up out of bed and ran out of my room. I ran down the stairs and looked around once I got to the bottom. Jason wasn't here and nor was Lilly, just the guys laughing as usual. No one did anything wrong and I was happy to know that they didn't get the wrong message towrds that. Jason obviously likes me enough to kiss me and keep trying, even though I said no.

"Sup sleepy head?" Two-bit asked as he sat on the couch and drank beer.

"Nothing, y'all tricked me into getting out of bed." I said and they all smiled and smirked. I left to the kitchen and got to eat actual food for once that wasn't molded, had no flavored, burnt, liquidy or didn't even look like food. I opened the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk, orange juice carton, bread, peanut butter from the cabinet and a spoon. I walked back into the leaving and sat on the floor and put everything on the table in front of me. They all looked at me as I shoved the spoon in the peanut butter and ate it off the spoon.

"Hungry Zay?" Dally asked.

"No shit, I've lived off cookies and muffins for 4 years." I said and ate some bread and then drank out of the carton of milk. I drank all that on the guys and most of them drink milk all the time. Two and Dal drinks beer a lot, Steve and Soda eat chocolat a lot and Two-bit eats all the time and never eats anything else.

"Woah, gotta a mouth too." Two-bit said and started to laugh. I took a chunk of peanut butter and put it on the spoon. Then I slung shot it at Two-bit and got him right in the face, under the eye.

"There ya go, maybe you'll learn something." I said. He took the PB off his face and ate it.

"yeah, it's just as good as cake." He said with a forced frown. I rolled my eyes and then Jason and Lilly came in the house. Lilly sat next to me and Jason talked to the others and watched her and I shove our faces with PB, bread and orange juice.

"Well, we should get going" Ponyboy said, he piled the three of us out of the house. Lilly walked behind with me and ate bread with some PB.

" This is actually good food." She said, Pony, Jase and I turned around and looked at her eating it. The guys rolled their eyes and continued to walk. Pony told us that some people will think we're new and all that. He said we had an assembly this morning anyway. I said that I wasn't gonna be stuck sitting with Jase again. I'll sit anywhere else with Lil.

We got to school and it was the high school too that Pony went to before I left here. I've never been here before, Jayden has. But it don't matter, he left me and us. Bree left Ponyboy and she even told Pony to move on. I followed Lil and we and searched for and empty locker. Jase has his over by Ponyboy and other boys. Lil and I just didn't care and put our stuff in a random locker. We got a whole bunch of stares from people, people we knew before and others that we didn't know.

"All students to the assembly room." The speakers said throughout the school. It was fairly loud since it was right above where we were. Lil and I followed the crowd of people, we didn't know where to go. So just follow them or follow Ponyboy.