Please Wake Up

Couple Days Later...

It's been a couple days now and Soda,Jayden and Dally are awake and well,for now. We haven't heard anything about Johnny or Zaylee. I am worried about them, Bree's been doing ok. But she just doesn't want to listen when I tell her to get some sleep. In three days she's had about 13 hours of sleep, maybe less.

We're all piled in Soda and Dally's room, but Jay's also here with us. I'm sitting here with Bree by my side.

"How's everyone?" A nurse asked us all. Soda and Jay haven't been talking much. They're so quiet and we all know why, Zay. She's not awake yet and neither is Johnny.

"Fine", "Good","Couldn't be better" we all said, but Soda and Jayden still said nothing. I got up and walked over to Jayden, I took his arm and he walked out of the room with me. Him and I walked down the hall for a little until I spoke to him. He didn't seem to wanna talk, it's like his whole world fell apart because his girlfriend is in a coma. I can't really relate to him since he lost his parents and so many things have happened to him in the past couple years.

"What's on your mind?" I asked him, he looked up at me and I looked down at him. I just wanna see him happy again and not in the dumps.

"I just am lost without her, ya know? Going to place to place and getting use to new surroundings sucks sometimes. I mean, going from my home, to the boys' home and then back home with Bree." He told me. "I just found her again and I was so happy. She made my day and now she's in a coma. They won't let any of us see her or Johnny. Sorry if I am down, Ponyboy."

"Nah, it's all good. I just wanted to see her you were doing." I said. We turned around at the end of the hall and started making our way back to Soda and Dally's room.

"Come with me." I said. He nodded and followed me to the front desk. I rang the bell until someone came to the front.

"How may I help you?" She asked as she sat on her chair and looked behind me at Jay.

"We'd like to see Johnny Cade and Zaylee Curtis please." I said.

"I can't, maybe tomorrow." She said. I looked at Jay and I knew I had to do something to help him. Let him see her, he needs it. He's been up all day worrying about her and I don't need him to be like Bree. Stayin' up and not going to sleep for a couple days.

"Is there anyway he could go in there alone?" I asked her quietly. She sighed and said she'd be back. Jay left and went to go sit over on one of the chairs in the waiting room.

She came back with a file and some other junk too. She sat down and looked at me. Hurry up woman, I have better things to do and places I gotta be.

"He can go in. But only for about 20 minutes" She said. I nodded and thanked her and I left over to Jayden.

"Hey bud, I was only able to get ya 20 minutes with Zay. Sorry." I said. I saw a smile arise on his face and lit up the room around us. Him and I left back down the hall and I dropped him off at Zay's room. I went to Soda's room to hang with the others and my girl.

"Where's Jay?" Bree asked getting up and walking over to me. She hugged me and I hugged her back walking back over to where we were sitting.

"He'll be back in a little" I said and sat down on the ground and Bree sat beside me. I kissed her passionately and she made my day when she smiled. She held my hand as all of us talked to one another. I soon fell asleep next to her. She leaned against me and fell asleep too, good thing too.

Zaylee's POV

Johnny and I haven't gotten out of a coma yet. Right now, he's in Dally's and Soda's room listening to the others talk. I've been in my room crying. Jayden's awake and he doesn't seem okay. I just want to talk him or go watch a sunset with him by the lake. I just wished we weren't in this situation right now. It kills me seeing everyone upset and not smiling like we always are.

I heard a door close and I looked up from crying in my knees to see Jay walk in. I smiled and wiped my tears away and I still knew that I couldn't say anything and he won't hear me. But I still can hear him. He walked up to my side and took my hand. I didn't feel him, wish I could though. He stood next to me and I could see him crying as he looked me. I want to say what I look like, but it hurts to even try to explain it.

"I'm so sorry Babe. Sorry you're in pain, wish it were me instead of you." He said and wiped some of his tears away. " I am honestly true lost without you. You make my day and now you're here, probably wanting to talk to me but, can't. I miss you Zay, please come back as well as you can." He told me. I started crying knowing how bad he wants me here with him and the others.

I got up from sitting on the ground and walked over to him. I hugged him from behind and well, it didn't feel as real as I wanted it to be. He pulled up a chair next to me and sat down. I sat on the other side of the bed and looked at him. But I may have accidentally fell asleep while I was doing that. But, in the end, all bad things turn into a happy ending.