Snow Day

Zaylee's POV

I woke up this morning feeling great. I looked around and I am still at Jay's house, but I'm on the couch and he's on the other couch still asleep. I got up and made my way over to the side door. I sat on the swinging bench and looked around me at the white blanket covering the ground. It was beautiful, not much, but just enough to cover the entire ground.

I heard the door open and we looked to see who it was that came out. It was Bree and Ponyboy. They sat down on either side of me and Pony messed up my hair smiling at me and Bree.

"Hey, how are ya today?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing my answer. I'm fine right now, later I could feel like not doing nothing.

"Good, when'd you get back?" I asked.

"Late last night" Bree said. I nodded and sank into my seat. They both looked at each other and then at me, I looked around at the snow, it's nice and I like it.

"You alright?" Pony asked me, I nodded again and tried to focus on one thing, what happens next? I also can't do much since my arm is broken, but I can try. I want to walk around and explore, go see two people I haven't seen in awhile. Jason and Lilly Winston, I haven't seen them in over like two months, maybe even three months. I've been around my brothers and friends for so long, because I am sick, not mentally but I am sick. I do feel like I am not getting or will get any better. I know my days will end soon, I'll leave this place infamous like Dallas Winston, I'll leave knowing I am loved, shattered because I don't want to leave.

Thinking about all that made me start to cry. I guess I didn't know until my brother pulled me into a hug and Bree left inside to her brother, who might be awake. I sighed and hugged my brother back, he started to talk me. But i was still lost in my own world. I guess I blocked him out doing that.

My thoughts are all over the place right now. I don't want to leave this planet, this world, even though I hate what most of us go through. We're still here and are calm, loving friends because we got each other and have each others backs. I know i have every one's back and I know they have mine. By me being worried, like I am, is making others worried too. Jay's worried about me a whole lot and I hate knowing I made him worried, which made his sister worried, which made my brother Pony worried, then Soda and Steve, which that leades to the others being worried too. I just know when one's hurt, it affects us all.

"Zay?!" I heard a voice say, I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to see who it was. It was Jayden, he was standing above me with my brother and his sister. Then where am I if they're above me? I was on the bench, wasn't I. But man is it cold where ever I am, whether it's the bench, the ground or on the ground in the snow.

I sat up holding my head a little, started to hurt a litte, and then I looked up at my brother. He looked so worried and he was  in tears. Shoot, the three of 'em are in tears. Ponyboy and Jayden kneelded down beside me and Bree stood next to Pony rubbing his back as they all tried to hold in their tears.

"Why you all crying?" I asked looking around me. I was on the ground, some snow around me. Making me really cold and i don't like the cold, wet snow.

"Because, you liked blacked out or something. Wouldn't answer me, then you fell off the bench and didn't respond to us. BUt you were randomly talking and saying, " I can't leave, I can't leave this world behind." Ponyboy told me. I sat there taking this all in and trying to think about it and why I was like that. Oh yea, I was in my own little world and I guess I shut everyone or everything out of it, except me.

"What were you talking about?" Bree asked me.

"Dying" Jayden said quietly, tears in his eyes and then he got up and left. I was gonna go after him, but Ponyboy pushed me back down and told me to stay here, Bree went after her him instead. I got a little mad because my brother wouldn't let me go after my boyfriend and talk to him.