Little More 'Bout Me

Zaylee's POV

So I've been 14 for a little while now. I am happy to be able to go home now. I have straightened up now. I've had so many punishments, I can't even tell you how many I've had so far. I've had beatings some times to show me what others get when I do it to them. It hurts, I have some scars from it too. So basically what I am saying is, is that I have learned my lesson and I will not pick fights anymore, I will fight if needed for self defense.

I look a little young for 14, but that's because I recently turned 14 about a month ago. I haven't made much contact with the outside world. Lilly and I would send letters back and forth to the boys school. We have this annual thing every year. When it's time to leave the school, they do this big school dance. So the boys from the other school either come here or we go there. It's to celebrate coming home and or succeeding and leaving. We can wear whatever we want, uniforms, dresses,prom is you want too or just simple nice clothes. I don't think Lilly and I will go. Funny thing is, I use to be the kinda girl that dressed up and did all this girl stuff. I stopped around the age of 6.

My hair is long and curly, I love my hair. I would hate to cut it all off. My hair goes mid-way down my back and it's a nice brown color. I didn't change much like I said, other then the way I kinda act; fighting in all. I'd say I look like my mom, but I was too young and I don't remember what she looks like now. But my brothers would be proud. Lilly stayed with her dirty blonde hair. It goes mid-way down her back. Her eyes are real pretty and she's beautiful and flawless, my opinion. She's the bestfriend I've ever had, a girl bestfriend that is. Lilly's become tougher and so have I. But she got taught what was wrong and what was right. Her and I still get into the littlest of fights, someone bugs us, hurts us or bullies us, then that means your going down and are gonna get taken down by two girls.

 Her and I still get into the littlest of fights, someone bugs us, hurts us or bullies us, then that means your going down and are gonna get taken down by two girls

They teach you things here, like school work. It was terrible, made us dissect stuff like frogs. It didn't bother me, but it bothered others real bad. School was boring and there was no point in going to school anyways. I hate it here and so does Lilly, actually, I think everyone here hates it here. No one would want to stay at a school forever and learn. We get punishments here, like we get grounded and now that were older then 12, they teach in like a military way. So if you get into trouble then they'll be ' Say it again' and they'll say three times in a row and then let you leave. We all hate them, they get on your nerves and do stuff you don't want them to do. Like open your mail, check your rooms for weapons and things. Stupid am I right? It annoys Lilly to hell and me too.

Lilly and I still have things that are the same from when we got here. Like the top drawer of our dresser is always filled with cookies and muffins. We eat about 2-3 a day and it keeps us energised. We also don't eat much and we're super small. The food is either molded, disgusting, old, too much liquid, burnt to a crisp or has no flavor at all and sometimes can taste like dirt. I swear they want us dead sometimes. Her and I also keep our blades with us at all times. We still have 13 blades, 12 are mine and 1 is hers. But I let her use mine whenever she wants.

Now our room, it looks okay. The walls are covered in colors, drawings and loads of graffiti art. It's also filled with knife marks or blade marks. Her and I throw blades at the wall to waste time and have some fun. We've also created a target on the wall, we drew the circles and then the numbers to tell you how many points you have. Her and have had great times and the rest has been total shit. That was a little about where we are now and some things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zay! Get the phone!" Lilly yelled from the washroom. She's doing her teeth, when she yelled my name, all the tooth past went all over the place. On her face and dripped down her chin and onto the floor. I started to laugh and I walked over to our phone. I picked it up and answered.

"Curtis speaking." I said. Lilly and I do that, because of Jason's military school. He has three other friends and they always call whenever, but mostly when they're bored. We do that also because it's so they know who's talking.

"Hey Curtis, what are y'all doin'?" Ryan asked. I know a lot about him. Over the past four years, getting letters from Jason. You know about them pretty well. Ryan's like the leader of their gang, he's like a player. he acts like one, but yet can not get a girl. He can't for 2 reasons, he's at an all boys reform school and two, he's not that smart with getting girls.

Later on in two days when we all leave. Lilly, Jason and I are going back to Tulsa and Jason's friends are all going back to New York. So they won't bother us no more, unless Jason gave them his and my phone number. Well mine and my brothers' phone number for the house. I leave in two days, the dance is tomorrow night at the guys' school. We have to drive there all day, I'd rather not go at all. But it's a rule, everyone who is leaving must go and they already have my name down for 'leaving in two days'.

"Good, Lilly's making a mess and what are you dope heads doing?" I asked. Then Lilly came out of the bathroom and climbed up into her bed. I put the phone on speaker and then went to my bed and pulled out a magazine, Lilly still calls it a picture book. She's never taken the chance or a look at a novel or chapter book. She's says its too hard to create images in her head.

"Nothing, watching football and then we have to go set up for the dance tomorrow night. You guys going?" Jake asked. I assume they have it on speaker too because I can hear Jason yelling at the tv.

"Cool and yeah we have to go. Have fun decorating!" Lilly said as she threw her picture book at then end her bed.

"Oh c'mon, it can't be that bad as Zay's way to steal" Jason said.

"You taught me how to steal" I said.

"Oh, you went down in flames boy" Ryan yelled.

"We have things to do!" Lilly said and then she hung up on them. Then she started to laugh, she does that when they don't really bother to talk to us or are in the middle of a football game. I got up and got my pjs on. Well their not pjs, more like jean shorts and a tank top to bed. Lilly just wears whatever to bed.

"Night Lilly" I said.

"Night Zaylee" She said and turned her light off above her bed. It's late here, around 11:00 pm and we have to head to bed since we have a long day of sitting on our asses all day and doing nothing. We can't annoy anyone, we've already done that and they're use to it by now. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. I use to cry myself asleep here, when I was ten. The beatings were pretty rough and so were the punishments, made me scared but it did teach me to straighten the hell up for my own good. I fell asleep into the darkness of night and my dreams or nightmares.