Weekend Part 1

I woke up this morning a little cold. I rolled over in my bed and messed up my hair as I yawned. Wait, bed? How did I get here? I was at Jay's place with Jay watching the sunset. Pony must've found me and brought me back. I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. I was in my room, the lights are off and the sun light is coming in from my window.

I got up and got changed for the day. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and put those on. Then I went to my closet and dug through it to find a hoodie and my shirt. I found my navy blue in my closet on the top shelf underneath a box. I pulled my hoodie on over my head and then got the box down. I went over to my desk and set it down on front of me. I blew the dust off the top and coughed a little as the dust went up in my face.

It said, "Zaylee" on the top of it. I opened the lid and threw it on my bed. I looked inside and saw a whole bunch of things. Pictures of me and my brothers, me and the gang, just me, some of Jay and I, me and my parents too. Some of me and my dad, it also said "Daddy's princess". I thought about that for a little. He did use to call me his princess, I haven't been a princess lately and that made me upset since I let my daddy down. I did and I will admit that I did

I took out an envelope from the box and it was addressed to me from my mom. But how? How did she write a letter? I understand she is gone and can't, but did she somewhat write it before she left and was gonna give to me when she was older. I opened the dusty letter and it was fairly long enough. Not super long and not like 6 sentences either.

"Dear Zaylee,

I wrote this to you for when you're older and are probably moved out or if something ever happened to me or your father. I know you wouldn't expect this, but I have some things to tell you. Here goes and I hope you consider this too. I wanted you to know how lucky you are to have the things you have, the friends and people you have too. You're a great kid and stay that way, be my baby girl and help others. Don't change who you are, you're beautiful, kind, sweet, adorable and much more. Stay who you truly are and stay Daddy's Princess. I love you and always have, always will. Oh and by the way, with boys, ask your brothers about them. Make sure they're okay with you dating the boy, I don't want to see my girl heartbroken and down in the dumps.

Stay gold, Mom"

I had tears in my eyes knowing I let them down. I truly did and I never stayed who they wanted me to be. The good girl that always asked for help when needed, stayed and listened to my brothers. I didn't do that, I went off to reform school for my behavior. Was it because Jayden left and he was good kid that influenced me to be good? I only did start to act different once he left and once I met Dal's cousins, Lilly and Jason. Maybe someone sent them my way for a reason, sent Jayden away like he did and then reunite us again like we are now. Man did I let my parents down. I became a devil instead of daddy's princess.

My door opened and Ponyboy walked in, shutting the door behind him. He walked over to me and I got up and hugged him. He pulled me tight in his arms as I cried into his shoulders. I could hear him telling me that everything would and will be fine for us. That we'll always be together.

"I-I let... them down... Pony" I said between sobs.

"No you didn't Zay. Ya didn't and we all know it. Everyone makes their mistakes and we all learn from them. You just learned yours, you still make them proud everyday." He said and stroked my hair. He sat on my bed and I sat next to him as he looked at a picture from the box. It was a picture of us all when we were smaller and together. We're older now and are still together.

"Pony?" I asked. He nodded and looked at me giving me his attention.

"Who brought me back last night?" I asked.

"Dally did, he brought Bree home since she got jumped and he found her." Pony said. I nodded and we both got up, he put the box away in my closet and shut the doors. I walked out and he walked out behind me. It's just my brothers and I here, the gang ain't here. Jason, Lilly, Jayden and Bree are considered the gang I guess, we might've not known about Lilly and Jason for long, but they're still our friends. Friends stick together, always.

I sat on the couch next to Soda, he was watching drag races and yelling at the TV. Pony grabbed a book and started to read on the other couch. Darry sat at the table doing bills or whatever he does all the time to waste. I was a little tired from everything that happened and everything that happened last, plus drag races aren't my thing. I closed my eyes, relaxed and may have fell asleep next to Soda, who was happy yelling at the TV.