Go To Sleep

Ponyboy's POV

We've been here for awhile now and I can't stand not being able to see the guys, my sister, my brother or Jayden. We've been here worrying since last night and I had no clue that Bree came here last night. But when I did notice her, I told her to come sit over here with me. I know how she feels, we both have younger siblings. But Bree's got more responsibilities then she should have. I never see her during the day since she's always at work and I do part time at the library. But she has to work her butt off to be able to pay for her house, food and everything else her or Jayden need. When she comes back from work, she's always dead tired. Bit the odd time I take her to the movies or out to do something.

But ya should've heard her last night. She was freaking out, she saw Darry and had no clue why we were all here. She said things that I had no idea about, like how Jay saw his parents die in front of him. I had no idea that happened, but Zay and Jay can relate to one another now. I do feel bad, but Jay's happy now with my sister. And I am happy with his sister. Bree's real pretty, but I love her most for who she is. She's outgoing, tuff and tough, smart, kind and much more. She's just the best friend a guy could ask for. I love her to the moon and back an infinity amount of times.

She's asleep right now next to me on the floor. Don't worry, I'm on the floor too with her. I decided to think as I wait for someone to tell us something about anyone, whether it's about my siblings or one of the others. I got out of my thoughts when I felt like energy or something shoot through me. I didn't know where it came from. But it could be anything, I'm probably delusional since I had like no sleep.

"Hey Ponyboy" Darry said as he got up and stretched from his sleep. He slept all night just fine and so did Steve and Two.

"Hey Dar, imma head back and try to get more sleep." I told him, I got up and stretched. Dar came up to me and pointed to Bree as he talked.

"Might wanna take her back too. She needs more sleep too." Darry said and I modded understanding him. He left down the hall to grab food for himself and chocolate cake for Two and Steve.

I kneeled down next to Bree and tapped her shoulder. She didn't want to wake up, so I shook her instead and called her name quietly. She sat up rubbing her eyes and I kissed her forehead making her smile. I got up and have her my hand, she looked at me a little confused.

"We're going to head back and get some sleep" I told her. She nodded and took my hand. I pulled her up and she stood next to me stretching. She took my hand and set her head on my shoulder as we walked out of the hospital.

We got to about half way to her place and she spoke to me quietly. Bit she didn't make any sense to me when she talked though. It was hard to understand her or try to answer her when you have no idea what she's asking or telling you.

"Jayden should gonna be okay, right?" She asked. So I just went with what I thought she asked me.

"Yea he'll pull trough. He's a tough kid and would do anything to help others. Should've seen him last night." I told her. She nodded and yawned.

"You should really head to bed when we get back" I told her. She shook her head no. I sighed. "You can't go on awake without any sleep"

" What if something happens to Jay?Hmm?" She asked, she stopped and grabbed my arm before I kept on walking. She turned me to face her and I looked at her.

"Darry,Steve and Two-bit are there. I told them that you and I were gonna get some sleep. Now you're gonna sleep like it or not" I said. She stood there with her arms crossed, so I picked her up and put her over my shoulder. She's trying to get out of my grasp, but that won't work.

"Put me down, Ponyboy!" She said, I ignored her. I kept on walking down the street to her place. I didn't mind that I had to carry her back. She needs sleep before she gets sick or becomes crazy. Which we don't need right now.

"Ponyboy Michael Curtis! Did you not hear me!" She said once again.

We got in the house and I went over to the couch. I flipped her off my shoulder and put her down on the couch. She crossed her arms and looked at the ground. I playfully shook my head and walked over to the back door. I went outside and sat down on swinging bench. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes. My mind was mostly blank now.

"Ponyboy?" I heard. It wasn't Bree. It sounded like my sister. "Ponyboy, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." She said.

"PONYBOY!!" I heard and someone started shaking me. I looked up and saw Bree standing above me wrapped in blanket. Tears coming down her face as she shivers in front of me. I guess I was daydreaming again, Zay wasn't actually here or actually said what I got she said.

"Can I join you?" She asked quietly. She looked pretty tired like I said.

"Yeah, you can sit down" I said and she sat beside me. I put my arm around her shoulder and she rested her head on my shoulder. I could feel her shaking and I'd be better if she went inside and not stay out here. She could get sick and I or we all don't need that.

"You should head inside, Bree"

" Nah, no one else is inside and I like it out here." She told me. I tried but she won't listen to me. She sank back into her seat and closed her eyes. I closed my eyes and waited until she fell asleep so I could bring her back into the house.

I accidentally fell asleep right before she did. Damn it, I thought to myself. Couldn't of waited to go to sleep, ya had to fall asleep now. She gets sick, it's my fault for not bringing her to her inside the warm house.