Trying To Leave

A WEEK LATER...

Zaylee's POV

My head started hurting real bad that I can't even tell how bad it is. I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. I saw one lady, who is she? Then I heard yelling outside my door. I couldn't tell who it was. The lady walked over to me and played the some needle that's in my wrist. I ignored it until I had to ask who was yelling out there.

"Who's yelling out there" I asked quietly. She turned and looked at the door, then she went to her clipboard and started writing things down.

"Some boys" She told me. I nodded and laid back closing my eyes. I just thought about things.

Why was i asleep before? I couldn't see or hear anyone. I have no clue what happened before I fell asleep side now I am worrying. What happened before? Why do I look like this? Why am I even here? I can manage myself perfectly fine. See i am alive still and in one piece.

"Calm down before something happens" A nurse said. I tried, but it was useless. I understood why she wanted me to calm down. I started sweating as fear over came me.

"Get her brothers" I heard her yell as she tried keeping me from moving. I kept tossing and turning. My brothers came in the room and Soda came up to my first. He put his hand on my head and rubbed my forehead telling me to calm down and breathe. Ponyboy and Darry stood next to me, Darry holding me down and Pony also told me to calm down. They all know how bad this could go.

I felt a sharp pain at my forearm. Man did it hurt like hell, I started crying because I made my brothers worried and scared even more then they should be.

"I'm... scared" I said between breathes. My breathing took a faster pace and my eyes started to slowly shut once again.

"It's okay Zay, close your eyes" Darry told me. I nodded a little and did what he told me to do. I closed them and fell asleep. I didn't hear nothing after that either.

-----------------------------

I woke feeling not the best I could be. I looked around and saw my brothers asleep on the chairs by the window. None of the gang was here, just them. Which I fully accept. I tapped Soda, who sat next to me on a chair. Pony and Darry took the chairs by the window. Soda stretched and then woke up looking at me. He smiled and I shot him a small smile back

"How are you?" He asked.

"Better then when I was up Yesterday"  I said. He nodded in agreement with. My brothers are the best and so is the gang. It's been what?... Two weeks or three since I've seen the others or went to school. I could hear Pony and Darry snoring away over there. Made me laugh inside and it felt good to laugh.

"You okay?Are the others okay too?" I asked Soda.

" I'm okay now that you are and the others are. Dally,Johnny and I got out last week and Jay got out 2 days before us. But he isn't the same as he was before. He's different." Soda told me.

"How different?" I asked. He looked at Pony and Darry and then looked back at me.

"He's been acting weird. Not wanting to sleep, talks to Pony, Bree and someone named Alex." At that very moment I wasn't sure how I felt. Jay's been worried sick about me. Imagine how he is now? Probably lost without me.

I pulled the blanket off me and slung my feet off the side. I looked for my shoes on the ground, couldn't find them. Screw it, I'll just go barefoot. I felt a hands wrap around me trying to bring me back.

"You can't leave yet."

"Why not? I've been here for like three weeks"  I said. He ignored me and pulled me back not letting me go. So I stopped trying to get out of his grip. He sat on my bed and I sat next to him.

"Why can't I leave, Soda? He needs me" I said quietly, my brother put his arm around keeping me from moving or trying to escape.

"You can't leave baby. I know how much you wanna leave.Have to stay for awhile longer. Can you even walk?" He asked me. I don't know. I only got a cast on my arm.

"Please Soda. I don't like it here. I just wanna go home." I said as I pulled up the covers and hid myself.

"Zay okay?" Pony asked.

"Nup, she wants to leave." Soda told him. I felt someone else sit down on the bed. Pony must've sat at the end, because Soda and I are at the head of the bed.

"Wanna go home" I whined. Hopefully one out of three of my brothers will let me leave.

"Why can't we just let her leave?" Two-bit asked walking into the room. "Man, what's up with her?"

"Shut your trap, Two" Soda said. I heard the door open and I thought of an idea. Dally. He'll do as I say, usually does. He did it last time for me.

" Dally? Ask 'em if I can leave." I said sternly. Steve walked in after with chocolat cake in his hands. He dropped some on the floor and he screamed like a girl because it fell on the floor.

"Can't kid." Dally said and I looked over at Soda who was signaling him not to ask or leave.

"Can't do that!" I said. The others started laughing and that woke up Darry. He looked mad and then he went to happy once he saw I was okay.
"Soda let her go." Darry said.

"Yeah Soda, let me go." I repeated what my oldest brother said. Soda listened and let me go. I sat up in my bed with my arms crossed as I look at everyone. Wish Jay and Bree were here too with us.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked. He obviously didn't hear what I or the others said. He was too busy cleaning up his cake off the floor.

"Stuck here, I can't go see Jayden. I can't go home and they're keeping me here in this place." I told him.

"Look, we're sorry Zay. But ya just can't leave yet." Soda said and I sighed sinking in my seat. I grabbed one of the pillows and put it over my head, blocking out the excess noise.

I decided to get some sleep and wait to leave. My arm's killing me, but she can suck it up and deal with it. I closed my eyes as the noise from the boys got louder and louder by the minute. I finally fell asleep after awhile.