Zaylee! Lilly!

Soda's POV

The guys and I were just walking around when we heard screams come from girls. We thought it was coming from Soc girls that were witht heir drunk boyfriends or somethin' like that. I ignored it and talked to Steve. But then I heard a scream I thought I'd never hear again, it belonged to Zay. The same scream she had when socs jumped her when she was 7 and ten years old.

"Guys! That's Zay!" I yelled and started to run where ever her voice was coming from.

"Do you hear that?" Two asked, I shook my head and looked to where he was looking at. It wasn't Johnny's house, Johnny's with us. Johnny may be older, but he still is small for his age and looks like a 15 or 16 year old. He didn't grow much, but he has gagned some confidence and is not as scared. Johnny still does get beat the odd time by his old man, but he rarely does since he's with Dal and Two most of the time or even all of us.

"It's another girl" Dal said.

"Yeah, Lilli obviously" Steve said. Darry ain't here with us, he's at home making supper. Were suppose to be out looking for Zay, Lilly and Jason, but we have no luck until we can actually find where they are and why they're screaming.

"Guys!" Ponyboy said, we all turned and looked at him." Lilly's parents!" He said out loud and started to run. We ran down the road after him and he led us to where they are. Well Dal did, the rest of us don't know where Jason and Lilly live. But we will find out right now.

We got to the house and just barged in there. Their mother was beating Lilly pretty bad with a half broken broom. You could see the blood everywhere, litterally everywhere.  Either on their faces, the ground or the parents from them touching the girls. I got furious and looked around to find Zay. I found her ont he floor in the kitchen between the island the other counter. Steve and Two came with me and helped me beat up their dad. I screamed and yelled and that's when he smoked Zaylee in the head with a pan. I fell to my knees seeing her limp body just fall to the ground and lay there lifeless as the blood drips down by the hude cut on ther forehead.

Two, Steve and I beat the shit out of Lilly's father, Lilly laid on the ground half dead too by the front door. Johnny moved her over there earlier while Pony and Dal got rid of their dead beat mother. Two got so pissed off that he took the pan and knocked the father out and then kicked him several times. The three of us turned to see their mother on the floor passed out too.

"C'mon, we gotta get them outta here." Ponyboy said.

"Yeah, I'll take Zay. Dal get Lil" Two said. Two picked up my kid sister's limp body off the ground and carried her out the door. Dal picked up Lil and she kept coming in and out of consciousness. Lil could barely talk, she was shaking, sweating and covered in blood.

"We should get them checked out to make sure they ain't hurt too bad. Like Zay's head or Lil's ribs." Johnny said.

"Let's go." Steve said. We walked down the street and Darry saw us, he stopped and we all got him and told everything. We all yelled over each other and he had no clue what we all said. I looked at Zay as I held her in the backseat behind Darry and Dal. Lil was in the bed of the truck with Two, Johnny and Steve. Pony sat next to me and this felt just like when she was 7 years old and they took her away from us, then we spoke to her once and they put her in a coma for two weeks. Saddest days of all, there were others days too. But I won't mention them since those days hurt too much to think about them or just imagine the first little detail.

"What happened again?" Darry asked.

"Lilly's parents beat up Lilly and Zay." Dal said as he turned and looked at Zaylee. I feel terrible for letting her leave on her own to go and see Jayden. I don't even know if they made up or not. But I sure do hope so, they're cute together.

We all got out of the truck, well Two and I did. Him and I brought the girls inside and the nurses took them away as soon as we put them on the beds. I sure do hope it's nothing bad for them, these two are very lucky girls too. They get so much bad things given to them and I wish we could do more for them, stop all this. But greasers will be greasers and socs will be socs. Nothing will ever change, we still have our two different words, even though Pony says not all our world's are different. He says there some good in both of them.

We all took our seats and waited for news about them. I knew we'd be here for a little while waiting for them. I saw Jason and Jayden walk in here together fooling around. Both have smiles on their faces, then they turned to worry once they saw all of us here. Jayden walked up in front of us as Jason followed behind him and he was eyeing nurses too. Player, he's following Dal's lead. But then again, they're related and Jason has always followed Dal's or has just never learned what was wrong and what was right.

"Why you here?" Jayden asked.

"Zay and Lilly aren't doing so good." Steve said. Jayden's eyes went wide as he covered his face with one hand and ran his other hand through his hair. You can really see the worry in his eyes, Jason must've not heard since his eyes were on nurses again.

"Jason!" Dal called, he turned around and looked at us. " Lil and Zay are here, get over here and leave the girls alone."

"What happened to them? Socs get them again?" He asked and walked over to us, putting an arm around Jay's shoulder and he didn't look as worried as Jayden is right now.

"Your parents beat them up. Zay got smoked in the head with a pan and went out like a light. Lilly was barely even awake, kept coming in and out of consciousness." I said.

"Shit, this is my fault!" Jayden said, how is it his fault? He didn't do anything, well I don't think he did.

"How?" Two-bit asked as he stuck his head between mine and Steve's and looked at the two young boys in front of us with worried faces.

"She was at school when ut finished. She ran at lunch after she didn't want to talk me for some reason. I got mad because she blew me off and then at gym she kicked the ball at my face. But she must've wanted to tell me something and I ignored thinking she'd just do the same thing. My fault, all of it. Her and Lilly getting hurt, If I was with them. None of this would've happened." Jayden said as he sat in the chair in front of us and Jase sat next to him.

"It's not your fault. Some of it is ours." Steve said.

"What'd you do?" Jase asked being snarky as usual. Typical him and then Dal slapped him upside the head. Jase smartened up and looked ay us for an answer.

"We told Zay that he was kissing girls." We said and pointed to Jase.

"So?" Jayden said.

"She thought you were the 'he' because we never specifically told her who and she never said anything about you and her being a thing now. We thought it was her and Jase because of the pictures Lilly showed us." I said. Jayden looked at us all wide eyed and then sent us a death glare.

"You guys are dead!" He yelled at us. Jase put his hand over Jay's mouth to shut him up so no one else heard us.

"Shut it, it was an accident" Dally said. He sat down in his chair and glared at us. I started to fall asleep, even though it's like 7 now. Not that late, but working all day, beating up people and then dealing with Jay and Jase makes you pretty tired. Plus I might get more relaxed or I might calm down more if I wake up energized and knowing they're both okay. I sank into my seat and closed my eyes, I could feel someone poking me and kept talking to me. But I was too tired to tell them to stop bugging me or to talk to them, so I eventually fell asleep after they stopped poking me. I just hope my little girl and Lilly are okay, I don't want anything bad to happen to them and they don't deserve, plus they have a whole life ahead of them.