Phone Call...

Darry's POV

It's pretty darn late at night and I haven't see or heard of the guys and Zay who left right after lunch to go out to the country. To have some fun and hang out with Zay while they can and while she's happy. We know things aren't too well for her, she get picked on and bullied and we can't stop that no matter how much we try.

"Have you heard of them?" I asked to the other guys. They all shook their heads, Pony's reading a dumb book as usual. Books bore me and I have no time, I have to keep up with work and other things. I have no time to sit down and read about other people's lives. Movies are the same too, I don't really need them. But Pony use to go all the time with Zay when she was like ten, or was it 6? One of those two.

"I wonder how quiet it is there without me" Two-bit said opening another beer. Steve's eating cake, Pony's reading a book and were all watching some tv show. I don't even know what's it called. The phone rang and Steve got up and got it, I was going to. But he triped and pushed me over and I was in the chair! How?, I don't know!

"Uh huh. Okay. We'll be right there." Steve said to who ever was on the other line. He put the phone down coming back in here.

"They got into a car crash." he said quietly as he grabbed his jean vesta nd head out the door. Pony threw his book on the ground and shot up, he ran outside. Two set his beer on the table and ran outside behind me. We got in Two's car and he sped down the road as fast as he could, none of said a word. Other then Pony freaking out and asking who's the worst, are they okay, are th eother people okay, is the truck okay and these questions and we only know the answer for one of these and tha's about the truck not being okay at all.

We got to the hospital and Pony jumped out before we even got to stop. I ran inside behind him and then the other two ran in behind me. We went to the counter and before we asked how they were doing, people rolled them all in on gurneys and my eyes started to tear up as I saw everyone of them come in one by one. Pony's bawling his eyes out into my jacket sleeve. Steve and Two stood there, mouthes wide open and shocked at what were seeing.

They brought Johnny in first, he didn't look too bad. But he still looked back, cuts all over his body from the class hitting him. A big gash on his arm and he just looks like he's passed out. Next was Soda, he looked like Johnny a little. But with more scratches and some burns. Man, what's gonna come next, worse? or better?

Dallas came next, he looked by far the worst. Covered in burns, cuts, brusing and he's swelling up pretty good. But yet he's awake and the others are not. He's responsive and cranky, asking many questions. He didn't loose his memory but he doesn't know what's going on. Next was Jayden and he was totally responsive, he was getting held down by so many people. He's all over the place, moving around, asking questions, freaking out. Man, what got into him. Zay! He probably has no idea where she is or how she is. He's got some burns, scrapes, cuts and a gash above his right temple. He's got a burn on his arm and it looks okay but, not the best it could be.

Last was Zaylee, she was not responsive at all. She laid there limp, she looked like Dallas. But a little worse. She's got burns everywhere, her face is covered in blood and you can't even tell where the cut is there is so much blood. She has so many cuts, bruises and she swollen. Her whole jaw is swollen, she's on a breathing machine already, so was Dally and Jayden. They left with her and we weren't able to see them after that. Bree doesn't even know about Jay. She's working late at a bar, Pony doesn't like the idea. But she likes working there and I can see why, she sees Two and Dally a lot there.

We all took our seats and waited until we are able to see the others. Two sat behind Pony and with Steve. I told Pony to go to sleep and calm down, he really needs it. I didn't go to sleep, but the others all eventually did. I needed to stay awake just in case if I am able to go see any of them, whether it's my siblings or the guys.

"Curtis?" I heard, I turned my head ans saw Bree walk in. She saw Pony and I told her not to wake him up, she didn't. She sat on the other side of me.

"What happened? Why you all here? Where's the others?" She asked.

"Car accident, Soda, Johnny, Dally, Zay and..." I said. She cut me off.

"Jayden?!" She asked about to cry.

"Yep. Sorry Bree, he was awake when he came in. But he was pretty jumpy." I said.

"Well duh, he's seen so much that a kid shouldn't even see. He saw our parents die, people get beat up by others and hard enough that they end up here. Now the car accident, he probably saw the whole thing Darry" She told me.

"I understand, but we have to stay strong. Remember that?"  I asked her. She nodded and wiped her tears away.

"Yea" She said. She fell asleep in her chair I also eventually did too. I fell asleep next too, I tried to stay awake, but that didn't work at all. I fell asleep in the bright white hospital next to my brother, buddies and my brother's girlfriend. I think she got up and sat over by him. I heard someone walking and then I heard Pony say, "Hey babe, when'd you get here?". I closed my eyes and went to sleep, hoping it'll be better in the morning.