"Darling, I'm going to kindly ask you to leave." Alec says, standing. I turn my head to see Alex coming in the door. Scoffing, I roll my eyes and stand, having gotten what I wanted from my search in the library.

The book wasn't here.

"What will you do if I don't leave?" I dare. "Kill me?" I snap. Alex watches critically and Alec starts towards me, seemingly determined to prove something.

"I've asked you kindly, and now I won't be so kind." He grabs me roughly, sinking his fingers into my arm. I didn't show my pain as I was thrown out of the library, the door locking behind me. Just to show I was 'angry' I kicked his door and then stomped off.

My feet hurriedly led me to Alec's room. I entered, again without hesitation, and stared at the beautiful book in front of me. This was going to be the game changer.

I slid the black, sleek, slim glasses over my eyes and watched as the world changed in front of me. Shapes were distorted and everything was confusing, leaving me with a massive headache. Everything was chaotic, everything except for the book.

My eyes were focusing clearly on the title of the book. Rules are Meant to be Broken. I pulled the glasses off, seeing a blank cover; a rough, old cover, with no evidence of any script. My hands opened the book to show off the black, shiny pages, nothing visible. I frowned and put the glasses back on.

Suddenly beautifully crafted white letters and numbers filled the once blank pages. There were hundreds of pages of complex drawings, ideas, and formally carved sentences. I was in awe for a moment and then I finally took the time to read it.

I started on page one, reading and drinking in every single word written. My heart was broken but my mind was wheeling. This book was so very valuable. It was no wonder Alec was hiding it.

"I promise she's not going to be a bother." Alec's voice travels from the hallway.

"How many times have you-" Alex was arguing but I was struggling to find a place to go. So I did the practical thing. I placed the book and glasses back as they were and slipped underneath of Alec's bed.

I held my breath as Alec opened his door. "Stop acting as though I'm the younger brother." Alec retaliates. Four feet come into the room. I think my heart stopped.

"Well quit acting like it." Alex replies. I roll my eyes at their stupidity. Do they have nothing better to do than bicker? "Finish this game as you please. When this is over we can finally-"

"Don't speak of it now. I still want it to be some sort of a surprise." Alec interrupts. Alex was laughing as he left. The door was shut. I mentally swore.

Alec sat down on his bed and I could hear his sigh. His feet were inches from my face. I backed up a little in order to have a bit of a breather. Alec stands once more and he retreats to his bathroom. Just as I thought the coast was clear, I see his feet coming back to the bed.

Alec is muttering under his breath as he moves things on the bed. I remain silent, praying he takes a shower, has to leave the room, does something so I can get out. No such luck.

I started getting cramped and hot underneath of the bed, but it was worse knowing that Alec was laying on the bed above me. Of all the places I had to end up-Alec finally moves.

I hear him grunt in annoyance as he moves towards his door. Frowning, I move forward slowly. Alec opens the door and I see another set of legs. Trisha.