Chapter 6

I grabbed Trisha by her hair and her screech made me grimace. As she turns to punch me in the face, I slam the door shut and see Alec coming down the hallway from the corner of my eye.

"Trisha, I don't care how much you hate him, I'm not going in there, and you aren't under my watch." I push her away and she looks up to see Alec. My gaze remains on her, as though I haven't seen him yet. "We have the whole house, besides two rooms, just give him the privacy he wants." I am still frowning, my heart thudding violently in my chest as my eyes meets Alec's. He has a smirk on his face and I make my features turn to one of shock. "We weren't going to-"

"I am well aware of what's going on." Alec raises his hand. I froze. Trisha was shaking in both anger and fear next to me, her eyes alight with an uncontrollable flame. Alec seemed pleased with her emotions and I lowered my head to avoid his eyes.

Fear was taking over my every nerve. If he truly knows what is happening then he knows Makayla was involved, and the thought of her dead made me want to throw up. "I'm not surprised to see you two here. But I am somewhat disappointed, especially after the talk you and I just had, Darling." Alec's eyes bore into me and I glance up only to avoid his steel grey eyes once more.

"What was that talk about anyways?" Trisha demands, finding her voice again.

"Trisha-" I warn. Alec smiles, a cold, chilling smile and then settles his gaze on Trisha.

"Now, Babe, you don't think I'm dumb, do you? I knew you'd listen in. I can read it all over your face that you're just trying to cover up your steps. Don't play that game with me. You will lose." Alec's words are icy and I swear they could have frozen a pond. Trisha doesn't seem phased.

"I don't want to play any games with you." She snaps.

"Trisha." I warn again. Alec's eyes remain on Trisha, and she holds his gaze as steadily as she receives it. My heart is beating so loud I wonder how they don't hear it, and my brain is wheeling on how to get out of the situation.

"Well, I am sorry you don't want to participate. It seems you may be easy pickings in the next round."

"I'm going to survive long enough to kill you." Trisha snarls so menacingly that I flinch away from her. Alec holds his composure, though I notice he's getting agitated. Sure, he likes her fire, but he wants to be able to control it and at this rate, he won't be able to.

"Those are strong words, Babe." Alec smiles and that only ticks Trisha off even more.

"Stop calling me-"

"Trisha, knock it off." I hit her on the side of her head and she turns on me in an instant. Being on the wrong side of Trisha was terrifying, but I was ready for her to deliver the punch to my jaw and managed to dodge it. "You're not going anywhere like this."

Trisha lands her punch this time and I shove her against the wall in retaliation. She pushes me back with such a force I stumble and start to fall. Alec grabs my arm and helps me to straighten. I stare at him wide eyed, but his eyes are on the still fuming Trisha.

"Whose side are you on?" She yells, getting in my face. Alec's hand is still on my arm, but I'm too scared to ask him to move it. Trisha swears and punches the wall, leaving a hole. Alec stares on and the finally releases me when Trisha leans her head against the wall. "Whose side are you on?" Trisha repeats, a deadly whisper. Alec turns to face me, wanting to hear my answer. I don't want to respond. "The fact that you're taking this long to answer gives me the impression that-" Trisha is facing me again and an undeniable rage fills me.

"I don't care what impression I'm giving you. If you think for a second that I am for killing a bunch of young girls, then I don't want to be on your side. If you're so quick to assume because I don't want to answer you when you're filled with rage, that I all of a sudden am for murdering people, I don't see why I'd want to stand next to you." I'm breathing heavily.