Chapter 7

I heard the bell go off and I slowly unfolded my legs. My body ached from not moving for an hour, but I ignored it as I walked with the other girls to the dinner table. We stood in a line, awaiting instructions I assumed, and I felt someone smack the back of my head.

Trisha.

I sigh and turn to face her.

"You think you can just shut us out? We're trying to help you and you just left us hanging!" Trisha snarls, looking forward as Alec comes into the room from the other side.

"It doesn't seem like you're trying to help me when you told me you wanted me dead." I say back, keeping my eyes on Alec. Trisha scoffs next to me, waiting until Alec's eyes had passed over her before speaking.

"It made you look good, and me look bad. That's what you needed to stay in Alec's favorite zone. Apparently it worked for the best because he forgave you for lying, which saved all of us. Quit being so narrow minded. I'm on your team and we're going to win this game." Trisha stops again as Alec's eyes settle on her.

"Is there something you wanted to say, Babe?" Alec's voice brings everyone's attention to Trisha. She smiles at being in the limelight and I saw Alec's jaw tense.

"Not to you." She waits for him to get fired up, but Alec simply nods.

"Very well. Darling, you've had what seems to be the worst day of everyone, why don't you sit beside me?" Alec refers to his right side. I hardly thought I'd had the worst day but I walk over calmly and sit in the familiar chair. Alec's tall form stands above me and I feel so utterly small as his gaze sweeps the room. "Babe, you seem to be having a little trouble controlling yourself lately and I believe we need to have a little conversation. Would you please sit on my left?" Trisha grins.

"It would be my honor." Her mockery doesn't effect Alec at all. I stare at the empty table and then suddenly Alec sits and the rest of the girls move forward by some unknown force. Makayla sits on my other side and I relax, happy that she was so close to me. I search under the table for her hand and when she feels mine she grabs tightly. I squeeze once and then she lets me go. No one else had seen the small action, but it made the world of a difference to me.

"Now, let's eat shall we?" Alec is excited about the meal and something tells me he is going to start a conversation that we don't want to happen. I close my eyes as the food is brought out. My stomach writhes in pain at the thought of eating something, but I knew it needed the nutrition. Makayla looks like she's going to puke, but Trisha looks starving. I sigh.

What a horribly matched trio we were...

We were served toasted sandwiches, a small salad, and a small bowl of soup. It was definitely delicious, and it did fill me up to a satisfying level. I was craving the cold glasses of water I was given and I saw Alec look at me in concern, though I didn't bother to ask why. My throat was dry, so I drank.

"I hope that meal was sufficient." Alec says. The girls all turn to look at him. Trisha leans back in her seat and gazes lazily over the room. Alec tenses at her action, but doesn't say anything about it. "Now, I'm sure you're all dying to tell or ask me something, so I will allow one comment or question to each girl. It does not matter if the question offends me or not, I will answer or reply back to your comments honestly. I only ask you don't get offended in return. Whoever wishes to speak first may. I do not have an order this time." Alec relaxes back into his chair and the deafening silence settles once more.

Finally someone speaks up. "Is there any way to stop these killings? Anything we could do? Say? Give you?" Alec's eyes settle on the red head.

"Interesting question, Sweetheart, but the answer is no, there isn't." Alec waits for the next question but Trisha sneers.