Twenty Three

Hey everyone, I don't believe that all my readers get my bulletins, so I just wanted to say that I have been sick the last couple days, and I didn't want to do jack shit...lol, I know that I update about twice a week and it didn't happen this time round, but it will be going back on track after this sickness of mine is fully butted out the door.

Enjoy!

~

MATURE CONTENT**Warning**Warning**

Harper's eyes watched me as I moved in closer to her.  I couldn't stand not being near her.

"Let me stay." I asked her again. 

She looked around her kitchen and then back at me.  Slowly, she took a step into my bubble and ran a hand around my waste.

"Okay, but lets go enjoy everyone else's company for a while."  The smile that she had didn't fully meet her eyes, and I could tell she was hesitant on letting me stay.

But with the answer I had, it was better then what I could have asked for.  She could have told me to go and jump of a bridge then to share another night with her.

She started to head back out, but before she could I made a point by taking her hand in mine, pushing her onto the counter and wrapping her legs around my torso. She yelped in surprise, but the smile that played her lips this time was real.  One she didn't have to force.  I was direct, blunt in what I wanted.  I ran one of my hands down her neck and a shiver assured me that it wasn't just me that wanted this.

I pulled her head down to meet mine, and when out lips met in such an innocent manor, my body erupted.  I didn't care for the pain that my rips let off, for I was in heaven.  I was in the arms of an angel, and she had me lost.  Her fingers in my hair, while I ran my hands down her back were the perfect mixture of bliss.

My head was already dizzy from the alcohol that we had been drinking, but when we pulled apart from one another it was on a new level.  I was drunk on her kisses, her touch, and I wanted more.

Reaching for her again she put a finger to my lips.  Stopping me.

"My mother is probably wondering what we are doing in here so long.  So unless you want to get a mouth full from her for the second time tonight, I suggest we make our way out."  I laughed knowing that what she said was true, but I didn't want to let her go.

Wiggling from my arms her eyes didn't leave mine until she had fully turned and walked out the door.

I could hear everyone outside, the few people that surrounded Harper's life, and longed to be a part of it.  It had never occurred to me before, that in such a short period of time, a person could mean so much to you.  I didn't want to leave her, to go back to the city.  I didn't want to see the boss that thought she was higher then me, and I must certainly dreaded having to tell her that I dropped the case...

I could stay for a little longer, but I would have to go back.

The bad thing about working for an agency was that I did have a boss.  And what a  pain in the ass she was.  She had been a friend of my fathers, and up until last year I had thought that was all it was.  But I had found out that in the past they had been lovers.  So working under her was a strain.  She was rude and full of her self, but I figured the reason she didn't like me, was because my father had chosen my mother over her.

Shacking myself out of it I focused back onto the present and walked out front to see Jason and my sister packing up to leave.

"The parties over? I wasn't in there that long was I?"  Lilly looked me over and chuckled.