Eleven

It was a moment that I hadn't ever wanted to stop.

Caleb was right with me, twirling and swaying along with me.  Who would have known that the guy could dance?  Underneath his business suit and cuff links, he was a man that could open up and have fun.  I had learned that today, and as we swayed I just wanted to stay in this moment and savor the feeling of his hands on my hips.

Songs came and went and we were coated in sweet sweat, my head feeling light from the beer coursing through my veins.

When was the last time I had this much fun with a man? Had this attraction?  All these thoughts came and gone through my mind when I realized he was no longer dancing with me.  I turned on my heel to see why he had stopped, but then wish I hadn't.

I felt the blood in my face disperse as I looked over his shoulder to the smoldering eyes of the man that turned my life upside down.  Jimmy Turner.  He was ignoring what ever it was that Caleb was saying and came for me.

I shuffled two steps back to avoid his grip, but he had my elbow in the hand of steal I had known for too long. 

"Jimmy!  Get your hands off of her.  You are supposed to be under house arrest."  Caleb's voice was firm and controlled, switching from the fun loving guy I had seen to the attorney I knew him to be.

Jimmy's eyes looked over me then released me slowly. I took another step back and he put his hands into his pockets.

"I was able to talk them into letting me have the night.  After all, its the county fair.  Thought Id see my kids."  With those words and the smile he plastered onto his handsome face I couldn't stop myself from my actions.  I reached out and slapped him across the face as hard as I could.

He stumbled back and put a hand on his cheek where it was already starting to welt.  Good.  I had been waiting years to do that.  I wanted to kick him in the side, I wanted to spit in his face.  I didn't care if it was lady like, or if I could have charges put on me.  Those words were what set me off.

Strong hands came around me then and I calmed realizing that it was Caleb.  I don't think I could have swatted him away if I wanted too.

"What was that for Princess?"

"Don't, you dare, call me that.  They are no longer your children.  Lucas years ago, and Peyton when you sign those papers to hand over full custody."  And god I hopped that would be soon.

"He did."  I heard Caleb say next to my ear.  "Yesterday.  That was a condition with getting house arrest for his actions."  I still wasn't clear on what his actions had been, but I wish they had kept him behind bars.  He was standing up straight now, and I noticed the music had stopped playing.  Everyone was watching us and my face grew hot.  I had never acted out like this in front of anyone....what would everyone think of me?

"My actions?  Your the one with your hands on my ex sir."  His smile was mocking and I could feel the grip of Caleb's fingers tighten.  His face was still composed, but I knew what Jimmy was meaning.  This could look very bad...

"There is nothing bad with having some fun with someone whom you enjoy having near you." Caleb smiled then and looked over me.  "Speaking of fun.  Sheriff!"  Caleb waved over a tall man, and I saw that Jason Mitchell, our Sheriff, was making his way over noticing the distress in the crowd.  Everyone knew why I never went near or saw Jimmy.  And everyone knew, that this was not where he was supposed to be.

Coming to stand next to Jimmy, I noticed that he never took his eyes off of me.  The way he stared making me feel uncomfortable; all the hair on my skin standing in alert of danger.