Chapter 26

"Can I talk to you?" Andy shuffled towards me.

"Yeah what?"

"I was thinking.. why don't we just do it?"

"What do you mean by,'just do it.' I mean if we are talking about sex, then we already did it" I laughed slightly.

"No, I mean just end it. We could do it together." he raised his hand and had pills in it. I looked down curiously..

"I had this idea that if you chose to die, with me, you wouldn't be so sad." he answered.

"Y-you want us to kill ourselves?"  I looked at him, trying to hold in that I was scared.

"Danielle, we could be together, forever. You wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore. You won't have to worry about you growing old and everything. It could be just us." he dangled his hand infront of me.

"O-okay. Fine, but I rather do it in the bathroom. I'll go run the bath." I said, taking steps back. I walked the stairs of the attic, and immediately started running.

"DADDY! MOMMY HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" I screamed out, running down the stairs. I heard Andy running after me so I quickly ran outside and pushed on the gate. I put my hands on the gate and it wouldn't budge. I saw people walking their dog outside.

"Help! Help please someone is trying to kill me!" I screamed out to them, but the only reaction I got was from the dog who kept barking. The owner's pulled the dog forward, completely ignoring me. I ran out to the backdoor, only to come back inside through another door.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled and went through the side door out to the backyard, and came back through the front door.

"No, no.." I put my hands up to my head and started sobbing.

"Danielle.." I head Andy's voice yell and he picked me up from the floor.

"I must be going crazy!" I cried out softly.

"No you're not. I, uh, I need to show you something." he took my hand and led me into the basement. He crawled into this vent, motioning him to follow. I hesitated for a second before joining him. There was so much dust and grime in the vents, I didn't understand where we were going. The vent began to open up so we were able to stand. A huge hole was ahead of us.

"Look inside." He whispered in a low voice.

I glanced in to see myself.

My own body laying there, my eyes rolled back with my mouth wide open. Spiderwebs were growing across my face.

"Oh my god..I-I died?" I turned to him, and he nodded.

"You took so many, Danielle. I tried to save you, I really did. You died in my arms.. you died loved." He said tearing up. He wiped a loose tear that had fallen and sniffles.

"I wanted to tell you, I just couldn't bare to do it. That's why I decided to pretend to have you die again, that way it wouldn't be so bad..I wouldn't have to show you this." Andy sniffles again.

"I'm so sorry, Danielle. I would have done anything to keep you alive." He took a deep breath in.

I fell down on my knees, letting myself just bawl out and cry.

I was dead.