Chapter 4

"Daniella sit down. Can I call you Danny?" the man said and I shrugged.

He smiled,"How have you been feeling?"

Wow, great question, like I haven't heard this before.

"I'm fine." I mentioned and he said.

"Are you sure? You seem incredibly tired."

I haven't seen Andy in over a week and I don't know why I even care. I glanced at the bracelets and rolled them around my wrist.

"No, I'm fine. School keeps me up at night."

No, they don't. It's me wondering why I'm even here. This was my fifth time sitting in this chair now. Ever since my mom told me about the appointment, I haven't seen him.

Did he not like me? Was it too much for him..?

Then again it seemed like I always was. 

"Danielle?" the man said once more. The man I was forced to talk to. The man who made me feel even more foolish. The session ended with him sighing. I began to walk out when he grabbed my arm.

"Danielle, you need to commit more honestly. If you don't push, you're never going to get anywhere in life. " he explained and I just rolled my eyes. I continued to walk and  exited out of the building.

I usually walked home, not wanting to deal with my mom. I knew she would probably complain about me not working hard enough on trying to fix my problem. I didn't have a problem. I don't need help. I have my ideas set on what I want.

and that is to be free.

I reached the edge of my property, stepping into the driveway when I noticed a figure standing in my window. I opened the back door and walked up stairs quickly. I opened the door to my room and found Andy standing there with his back face away from me, looking out the window.

"Why were you gone for so long?" I asked softly.

"Didn't think you would actually care. For what it seemed, you didn't like what. I might recall you said I was an asshole hm?" he turned to me, looking into my eyes deeply.

"I didn't mean it. I just didn't expect someone to come in like that..see me like that." I muttered the last part softly.

"I'm still waiting."

"For what."

"Show me." he declared sitting on my bed.

"I'm not sure I want to, Andy." I told him and sat next to him.

"I won't judge you."

I sighed and lifted my sleeves up exposing the inflictions.

"Monday, first day of school." I pulled the bracelets up and he glanced down

"Summer, the day I moved here" I lifted my shirt of to show the side of my stomach.

He watched me carefully and focused on every little thing I said. He didn't react at all, kept a straight face.I blinked trying to forget how this past week has been.

"Yesterday.." I whispered and lifted my other arm. His eyes darted to them and saw how many there were.

Deep like his.

Once I finished, he took my arms and stared right into my eyes.

"What happened this week while I was gone?" his voice was soft and gravelly, making me want to melt just right then and there.

"I don't want to talk about it." I whispered in such a quiet tone that I doubt he could even hear me. He took his long arms and wrapped them around me, holding me tightly.

He didn't let go,

And for some reason,

I didn't want him to let go.