Chapter 1

Edited January 19, 2017

As I sat in the back of the car with my parents, I watched my surroundings zoom past through the window. It seems like everyone is always sad to move here. I wasn't exactly upset with it, more or likely just annoyed that it took so long. The car pulled into a street that seemed like it was heading into the woods. Of course, they had to pick a house that was in the middle of nowhere. I stepped out of the car, glancing up at the house. It was an odd looking house, definitely not something I would've seen before. There was a huge window up on the top which looked like it could be used as a bay window. Around the whole house was a tall black gate, sharpened at the tip on the top of the gate. I shivered as I  walked into the moving van.It was already almost winter and I could feel the cool breeze rush through my thin shirt. In fact, no one seemed to live around here. There were a few houses scattered around the area, but mostly it was covered with trees. I looked to the sky as I saw the trees tower over me and reached into the clouds. 

"Danielle! Cmon move your stuff into the house! Stop messing around." My dad said from inside the house. I quickly reposition my grip on the box and walked inside. My wavy hair flew behind me as I strolled down into my room. It was a grayish color room, almost black. Although I liked most things darker, it was a little too much for me. I started to open some boxes and take out my things. I set my computer on my lap and leaned against the best post.

Why this house? My parents said that I would enjoy the views, plus the school. 

How could I like the school anyways? I won't have any friends, not that I really had any back at my original one. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. I suck in the chemicals and blew it out in one stroke. I tilted it's side on one of my window sills and watched the ashes fall. I know I shouldn't be smoking in the house, nor should I even be smoking at all. My mom has already caught me before, you can imagine how that went. I raised the death stick to my lips once more and took a long drag  I sat there for a few minutes just thinking. It felt colder than usual in here. Once I finished with that, I began to explore. I never really got to see what was inside this house. When we went to look at it, the realtor was very touchy about it. She wouldn't care to show us the basement or the attic, which I found very strange. Usually,== when you go to see a house, you see all the rooms. I remember hearing very clearly under her breath,

"Finally I can sell this house after what had happened."

I never questioned the lady about what she said. Mostly because I was too shy to even do ask. I knew that I probably should be helping clean, but I felt adventurous. I don't know why maybe it was this house? Or maybe it was just me. I turned away to go up to the attic. If the realtor wouldn't show me, why can't I show myself?

I opened the door and creaked very loudly just like in those horror movies. I would know that because I favored the horror films like crazy. When I was a kid, I used to watch the Friday the 13th all the time with my parents. I'm guessing they thought that in the future I would be some type of murder. I couldn't help myself. I just loved the movies so much. I never liked those sappy love stories. They were always the same old stories written in slightly different ways. 

 I examined the stairs that looked completely unsafe. I put one foot on the step and it creaked even louder than the door. I held onto the walls which were extremely close together and helped myself walk up the stairs. There was no banister so it didn't really help the situation. Once I reached upstairs, I was instantly hit with a smell. I gagged and made a face. I covered my mouth and nose with my hand. My eyes skimmed over the room, which was filled with boxes. At first, I thought it was our boxes, but it definitely wasn't. The boxes were old and worn out like they've been there for a couple years. Spider webs gathered on the edges of the walls. I strolled around the boxes until I reached one with a name.

"Andy."

//short chap but this is only the beginning