Chapter 18

I waited for Andy to come back hours it seemed. I laid in bed, playing with the bracelets and staring at the ceiling.

How could our date go so badly?

I heard someone enter the room and looked up.

"Andy, are you alright?" I went to click on the light but Andy moved my hand away.

"I'm fine." his voice was hoarse and I knew something was wrong. I switched on the light and looked at his face. He had a bruise in his eye, his lip busted, and his stomach bleeding out one side.

"Oh my god, Andy!" I yelled staring at his wounds.

"I'm fine, I'll  regenerate. I'm fine, I'll heal." he laid on the floor, hold his stomach.

"That's the only good thing with being a ghost. You heal..but you still feel pain no matter what. It just feels ten times worse than it does as a human." he whimpered out.

"Is there anything I could do?" I cried out.

"No, just give me a moment." he grunted softly as I saw his skin begin to grow back together. The bullet popped out and laid next to him on the floor. He let out a deep breath as I watched something move in his skin. His bone shifted inside of him, making him squirm.. It popped back into place and I watched him shut his tightly and his fist tighten. His bruise started to fade away, his eye not being bright red anymore. His lip grew back together. He sat up slowly, but fell back.

"I forget that it's hard to walk afterwards." he chuckled and pulled himself to the bed.

"I'll get you a new shirt since that no one is soaked with blood." I pointed out and he nodded. I went into my mom's room, looking around for the box. I went into the closet where I found the box, along with many other things that I won't speak of. I walked back over to my room with the box in my hands.

Almost deja vu to me, back when I brought the box down from the attic when I first moved here.

It's weird how so much changed.

I took the shirt out the box and handed it to him. He pulled off his shirt and slid on the black misfits shirt.

The one he wore the day he went and killed 15 students. He glanced at my expression and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is everything okay?" he said.

"Yeah, it's just slightly disturbing to watch your rib pop back into place, you know.." I laughed nervously.

"Oh, right I forgot. I'm just so used to it already." he shrugged.

"Will they come back..? Your victims..?" I questioned and shook his head.

"I don't think so" Andy looked over to my clock that read 11:58.

"You should probably go to bed. It's late for you."

"I'm not tired."

"C'mon, Danny. You need sleep. You're not like me who doesn't need it anymore."

"I wish I was like you."

He blinked and his face softened.

"No, you don't want to be like me. You don't want to be dead." he answered.

"Fine, but stay with me." I told him and I crawled into my bed.

"Always." he smiled and crawled in with me. I felt his long skinny arms wrap around me and turn of the light.

"Goodnight, Andy."

"Goodnight, darling."

I bit my lip,"You really are here." I whispered so only I could hear it.