Chapter 2

-trigger warning-

I reached over and opened up the box, I felt my whole body become freezing cold. I saw in the corner of my eye something standing there. I looked around and saw no one standing there. I took the box and quickly raced out of there. I brought the box into my room, locking the door behind me. I set the box onto my bed. I opened the box again and peered inside. There sitting was a picture of a family together. A young boy with light hair, with two parents. Behind them was a ball field, I couldn't exactly read what team it was, but they looked extremely happy. There was a few more photos before I reached some clothes. There sat a black misfits shirt folded up nicely. It was ripped on the sides, not completely, only a tiny bit at the sides were holding it together. The scent that came from the shirt smelled very nice, well to me it did. I put the shirt to the side and looked deeper into the box. There wasn't much else besides a book. I opened to the first page and on the corner it read

'Andy Biersack,' in shaky handwriting.

"So that's what his name was.." I muttered. I guessed that it was the original owner's things. The realtor never spoke of the past owners. I felt someone or something watching me, I always had those feelings even back when I was in my original house. I was always really paranoid even before so I was used to that feeling. I heard knocking on the my door.

"Danielle! Open this door. You know not to lock it." I heard my mom's voice and groaned. Why couldn't she just leave me alone. I heard the door start to rattle and I knew she was opening it up. I quickly hid the cigs and the box, completely forgetting about the shirt. The door swung open and my mom appeared mad. Her eyes quickly darted to the shirt and her eyes narrowed.

"What's this?" she asked me, picking it up.

"Nothing, I swear." I reached out to take it but she pulled her arm back.

"Is this a boy's??" she half yelled at me.

"No-," I squeak out and she took the shirt behind her back. Her eyes looked over to my bed and saw the box. She took it also and walked out.

"I don't want you upstairs in that attic again. I know you went up there for these." she stuck the shirt in my face. She narrowed her eyes once again and walked out.

I pulled out the picture that I had in my pocket and stared at it. The family looked so happy.

I wish we were like that.

Next day

It was the first day for my new school and I knew my mom wouldn't let my skip. I was dreading this day so much. I combed my mocha hair and let it down. I put on one of my jackets and took my book bag. I ended up being the last person on the bus, everyone staring at me. I sighed and quickly sat in one of the empty seats. I could feel their eyes on me and I felt extremely small. Instead, I just turned away and looked out the window until I reached school. I walked up into the school and started searching for my classes. Everyone knew exactly where to go except me. I pulled out one of my cigarettes and took a short drag.

"Hey!" I heard a female's voice yell.

I turned around and looked at her with a dull look.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked her.

"You aren't allowed to smoke inside the school, hand it over." the girl said.

"Yeah, hand it over." one of her side friends .

"You don't even know me, why are you doing this?" I muttered and turned to walk away.

"Hey!" she yelled louder and grabbed my wrist violently. My anger got of me and I stuck the cigarette right on my arm, causing her to squeal. "You bitch!" she screamed, holding her wrist in her hand. I smirked and went to turn away, walking right into someone. I looked up and my smirk disappeared from my face.

"Come with me missy." the teacher said and I lowered my head.

Great.

Later that night

I heard my parents bickering again. I could hear them from my room. I tried to tune it out, I tried oh, so terribly. I couldn't tune out the voices, I couldn't tune out any of the arguing either. I bit my lip and paced around my room, rubbing my wrists slightly. I felt those urges, the urges that made me. I reached under my mattress and took out the object that took over my life. I quickly looked around to make sure no one was around. I raced to the bathroom where I sat by the sink right on the toilet. I didn't cry, nor did I have any feeling. I slowly started to slid the sharp object across my skin, watching the blood seep out of the fresh, new cuts. I heard the door open and dropped the razor from my hand and widened my eyes.

"If you're trying to kill yourself, you might try locking the door." the deep voice said.

//it's starting to get good