Till Death Do Us Part

Preston's POV

Preston: "Do you remember a time when the world was simple. When love was everywhere and you were able to be free and loved and respected for who you were? It took time my love. And I could never have imagined how you must have felt when you would look back at me every single day. And tell me how much you loved me. As we lay in bed talking about how our days were. You were always ready to tell me about the latest gossip with Lachlan more then likely in the centre."

Lachlan: "Hey!"

We all giggled and laughed for a little before I continued.

Preston: "I remember this one time while Vikk and Jerome had decided to fly up here to Canada and see us. And the smile on their faces was so infectious that I swear you were so happy. None of us got any sleep that night because we decided gaming like old times was more important. It's funny when we look back on it and how happy they were as we lay in bed that night. Making bets on how long they had been together for."

Jerome: "So who won?"

Preston: "Let's say Rob went to sleep a very happy man."

Another round of laughter came through the room as I looked down and saw our children sitting in the front row with their uncle. Landon holding onto Michael's hand to support him. While Elizabeth had her head resting on Christopher's shoulder.

Preston: "It's really hard you know. Thinking about Michael and Liz. And how they didn't' get to know him for as long as I did. Over time we watched them grow. And eventually grow into such beautiful and amazing young adults. When Michael told us he was gay you were absolutely heartbroken. You wanted a grandchild so bad. So when Liz came home with Chris. Along with Many conversations with Mitch and Jess about the kids. You were so happy at least one of the girls could give a child eventually. I just wish you were still here to be there when that day arrives."

I looked down at them as Michael leant over and put his head on my cousins shoulder. I asked mum and dad to help me out as I knew as soon as I started talking about the kids I'd be fucked.

Preston: "I feel bad that I can only stand here and talk about the times we had. The lives we helped nurture and grow. And just every waking moment we spent either recording for work or just being ourselves. When we would talk about our days. And how hard it was to juggle YouTube and Twitch with our kids. We had so many supportive fans telling us that family came first. And I guess you took it to heart. Changing to clogging and more house oriented content and I still go back and watch the videos. Listen to how happy you were when you were baking with Liz. Or showing Michael how to hold a camera. I swear you spent so much time teaching him how to use and respect a camera he would put a professional photographer to shame by the age of 3. Or the many times you found Liz's secret writing stash and she got her first book published. If you hadn't kept with her and told her to stick with it. Being her number one fan. I don't think she would have been able to be where she is today so we thank you so much Robby. For everything you did for us. For every moment we had together. I just wish that I would have known when it would have happened. So I could hold you one more time and kiss you. Telling you that I would be ok after time. That eventually we would sort it all out. I love you so much Robby. And I just wish that you could spend more time with us."

I couldn't take my eyes off our kids. Our beautiful. Amazing and respecting children. To think we almost gave up until Michael arrived. And then Liz again 4 years later. I guess with Liz being 18 she is old enough to know what's going on. Michael was 22 and had developed such a close relationship with everyone he met that I doubt he could ever find a partner who would respect how big his heart was. I stepped away from the pedestal and sat back down with them both. Michael and Liz both resting their heads on my shoulders as Michael's arms wrapped themselves around me. This was so hard for all of us.