"Don't call me that." He sneers, throwing my body to the side as though I were a rag doll. I give a small laugh as I stand on wobbly legs. My ankle is finally becoming a priority again.

"Why not, Alexander? Does it remind you of someone?" I double over as he punches my gut. Alex grips my hair in one hand and rips my head back.

"I said don't." He snaps. I smile.

"Oh I heard you, Alexander, I just-" his hand karate chops my throat and I'm gagging, my throat burning in pain. My body recoils into a small ball and Alex kicks my ribcage. I shake in pain and tears stream down my cheeks.

"If you don't shut up I swear I'll-"

"Alex." Alec's voice cuts through the air and I wish he wasn't here. His obsession and feelings confuse me and only make it harder for me to concentrate. "Trisha is in need of your assistance." At the mention of Trisha, Alex's focus changes. His footsteps recede and I close my eyes.

Don't be nice. Don't be nice. Please don't be nice. 

"Darling?" Alec says quietly, kneeling beside me. His voice was quiet and soothing. Shaking my head, I tell him to go away. "Darling, your ankle needs to be bandaged... I can help you."

"You can't help me!" I screech. My eyes land on his and I back away slowly. I lean against the wall for support and slowly stand, feeling his hands on my waist. "Get away from me!" I shove him but end up losing my own balance. His hands catch me and help me to straighten.

"Darling, I know you're upset I-"

"You need to leave me alone." I snarl. Alec steps back. "You're insane. You're a psychopath just like them. You all murder innocent people! You have a twisted mind. You're just-"

"Darling, please stop. I don't want to do-" I limp away from him.

"You're just a shadow of your brother." I snap. Alec freezes. "You're just a wanna be. You use big words, sound formal, act all calm and try to seem in control. But you're living in the shadow of your brother because you can't do-"

"Darling, I won't say this twice, stop." Alec's hands grip my waist. I try to pull away from him but he only tightens his grip and I grimace from the strength he's using. I shove Alec for all I'm worth and all it does is make him pin me to a wall.

"Let me go you-" I can't speak because his lips are on mine again. I don't want him touching me. My head turns and Alec grips my chin in one hand, making me face him. "I refuse to-"

"You need to learn to behave." Alec says lowly. "Rules are rules, and they need to be followed." He kisses me again and when I try to turn away from him he turns my chin back to him. I don't kiss back, hating the way his touch was so loving. Tears stream down my face and when he pulls back his eyes soften.

"You don't have fair rules." I say through my tears. Alec looks at the ground. "I hate you." I whisper. Alec looks utterly defeated as I say those words, but I don't regret them.

"Darling, I-" he cups my cheek. I don't move my head, knowing he'll just return it. "I hate doing this to you... and I'm sorry but I-"

"The first time you kissed me, were you really doing that because you were afraid of Alex? Were you?" I demand an answer. Alec lowers his eyes. "You sick, twisted monster!" I shove him again and he doesn't reach for me this time. "You're just pretending to be afraid of Alex but you were running the show the whole time! You're-"

"Don't say one more word!" Alec's voice was dark, evil. I froze, fear crawling up my spine. "I told you not to say things like that." He grips my head in his hands and his grey eyes suddenly look darker. "You don't listen to rules, Darling, and you're going to learn." Alec picks me up bridal style and carries me downstairs to the basement.

I hold back my fear as he wraps my hands in a chain. My eyes go wide as I see the chain I'm connected to moves according to a crank. The crank has a sharp blade connected to it, and my hands would come into contact with that blade.

Alec looks me over with a harsh glare. "I told you that you would regret doing what you did, and I meant it." Alec says. He tucks a stray hair behind my ear. "It's too bad you didn't heed my warning." Alec steps back from me and looks me over once more before sighing. "Crank it." He orders.

The chains tighten around my wrists and I can't keep enough traction so my body flies forward. I know my wrist is dislocated and I scream in pain as blood runs down my arms. I look at the chains. I have about three more cranks like that and then my hands will be cut off.

"Now, Darling, I have one rule what is it?" Alec says, standing next to me. I sob in pain and try to form words.

"Fair." I choke out. "You play fair." I see him nod.

"Crank it." I try to keep traction this time and succeed for a moment before the force of the crank wins. I hear cracking in my bones and my body tells me to stop this torture. I try to pull back, hoping to get out of the chain but all that does is earn a smirk from Alec.

"I answered you!" I shout at Alec. "I obeyed you!" I tried to get him to stop. "Let me go!" He wouldn't look at me.

"I want an apology." Alec says suddenly. My body shakes in tremors and I sob into my bloody arms.

"I'm sorry." I sob.

"Crank it." Alec orders. I scream and try to pull back but my strength failed me once more. I was pulled forward. I couldn't feel my hands at this point, which was a blessing.

"I'm s-sorry for disobeying you." I shake my head, praying he doesn't crank it anymore. "I'm sorry for c-calling you those names." I close my eyes. "I'm sorry for disrespecting you." My voice is getting smaller. "I'm sorry for lying to you." By now I'm just making up things I hoped would make him stop. "I'm sorry for running away." I whisper.

"Crank it." Alec orders. I brace myself for the pain, but when the crank comes, Alec breaks the chain and I'm left lying on the ground at his feet. The clang echoes in the loud basement. "Now I'll give you an apology. I'm sorry I had to do this to you, Darling." Alec kisses my temple lightly and then straightens.

"It's okay." I say gently. He pauses for a moment before walking away.

"Someone patch her up. Then I want her in my room." Alec calls, and he walks up the stairs without ever looking back.