Chapter 39

KURA'S POV

"Hmm.." I slowly opened my eyes and it was morning already as the sunlight streamed through the curtains. I looked at my side and Subaru was sleeping away. As I stared at Subaru's sleeping face I remembered the events that happened last night. I blushed at the events last night and I quietly placed my hand on Subaru's soft hair and he nuzzled his hair against my hand as he felt my touch.

Just then I felt Subaru's arm around my waist and he pulled me close to his chest. I looked up at him and he was still asleep. He mumbled,"Kura...I love you..." I blushed that he was mumbling my name and I then smiled at this. I buried my face against his bare chest and then Subaru held me tighter against his chest. I looked up and he was awake now.

Subaru then said,"Morning Kura." He said as he ran his fingers through my blonde hair. I smiled and I rested my head on his shoulder and he said,"I guess this means you're mine and mine alone now." I giggled at this and I said,"I was already yours from the start Subaru." Subaru smiled and I then felt his hand travelled down my body. I blushed at this and I said,"Hold on! where's your hand going?!" 

Subaru chuckles and says,"What's wrong? Why so shy now?  You weren't like this last night." I smacked his hand away from my body and I said,"Don't say another word! It's embarrassing." I said as I looked away from him with blush on my cheeks. Subaru rests his head on the crook of my neck and he said,"I wish you could stay here with me Kura, that way you don't have to leave me."

I placed my hand on Subaru's head and I twirled bits of his hair with my fingers. I then said,"Subaru you and I both know that I can't do that some of the hunters might not like the idea of a hunter living with vampires but I don't know how they'll react if they find out that you and I are now lovers." Subaru holds me tightly by the waist and says,"I hate the idea of them saying that we shouldn't be together but..."

"Subaru, I've been thinking a lot about what happened recently, you and I falling in love and I've forgiven my father." Subaru looks at me and he says,"What is it?" I smiled and said,"Maybe one day I might consider leaving the hunter's guild with you as my vampire boyfriend it won't feel right, I might end up hurting your feelings if you were to watch me kill one of your kind." I said as I stroked his cheek.

Subaru smiles and he presses his forehead against mine. He then says,"Thank you Kura, but if you were to leave where would you go?" I said to him,"I might head back to the Takashi Manor or..." I placed my hand on Subaru's cheek and said,"I might come back here to live with you Subaru that way you can keep an eye on me."

Subaru rolled so that I was on top of him and he said,"Now that would definitely make me happy, Kura." Subaru said as he pulled me down and we kissed, deeply. After a while, I got changed into my clothes I wore last night and I looked over my shoulder and Subaru was asleep. I smiled at his sleeping face and I quietly left the room.

I headed outside for some fresh air and it felt nice with the sun's heat warming up my skin. I knew I was going to night school and all but it still felt a while since I've been outside during the day and it somehow felt really nice. Just then I saw Akira and she said,"Hey Kura! How's it going?"

I smiled and then I ran over to her and said,"Hi Akira, how are you?" She smiled and she rubbed her bump and said,"A part from becoming fat as a hippo, I'm fine." She said as she sweat dropped. I said,"Aw, come on you're not fat, underneath all of that baby weight you're the same hot body dagger of Karl Heinz." Akira giggles and said,"Thanks Kura, I wish Yuma said somehting like that but all he's done is make my mood even worse."

I placed my hand on her bump and I said,"Let me guess hormones?" She nodded her head and said,"Yeah, for some reason I can't control my temper like I used to but it is kinda funny watching Yuma and Kou make fools out of themselves when I demand something." I quickly covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

Akira then said,"That outta put a smile on your face." She said as she petted my head. I blushed at this and I said,"You knew I was down in the dumps?" Akira nodded her head and she sat down on the bench and she said,"Ayame has been coming and going to the Mukami Manor lately since we came back to the human world and she's been talking about how the both of you are upset about leaving."

I sighed and said,"That blabbermouth." Akira smiled and said,"It's all right for you to be sad about leaving it's not everyday that a hunter falls in love with a vampire and gets upset before they leave." I sat down next to her and said,"You're right but, I love Subaru and I don't want to leave him or the brothers and to be honest I'll miss you as well besides you've helped me and Ayame over the last few weeks when we were in the demon world."

Akira placed her hand on my shoulder and she said,"True but let me tell you something, it doesn't matter how far away you are you and Subaru will always love each other no matter what and maybe some day you might quit being a vampire hunter and live your life as an ordinary woman."

I looked at her shocked and I said,"Akira..thank you, I feel so much better after talking to you." Akira giggled and said,"You're welcome OW!" Akira suddenly shouted in pain and I said,"What's wrong? is it the baby?" Akira rubs her bump and says,"Yeah, nothing to worry about, the baby has been kicking a lot lately honestly when the baby kicks Kou gets into a right panic." I laughed and then Akira grabs my hand and then she placed it on her bump and I felt the baby kick.

I smiled and said,"Oh wow, that's amazing Akira." Akira smiled and she said,"Who knows maybe one day it'll be you carrying Subaru's child, if that were to happen." I blushed at that comment and I said,"You could be right." I helped Akira stand on her feet and she said,"Well I better get going now, I told Ruki that I wouldn't be too long that guy has become a bit overprotective with me since my bump started getting bigger." I said,"All right, it was good seeing you though and thanks for cheering me up."

Akira ruffles my hair and she said,"You're welcome, see ya." She said as she teleports away from here. I smiled and I looked up at the window where Subaru was sleeping in my room and I thought to myself,"Akira's right, maybe one day I might quit being a hunter and live my days as an ordinary girl and that will make Subaru happy that's for sure."

TO BE CONTINUED...