Chapter 5

KURA'S POV

It was the end of the classes and as I was walking through the corridors I saw Kanato and he was holding his teddy close to his chest. When he saw me he said,"Good evening Kura-san." I looked at him and said,"Oh hi Kanato." He then said,"You seem to be enjoying yourself here."

"Maybe it's because I'm just glad there are other vampire hunters here." I said as I ate one of my homemade cookies. Kanato saw this and said,"They smell nice." I said, "They are and they taste good as well, I made these earlier on this morning I've already given some to Yui, there's still a few left want one?" Kanato's eyes lit up and said,"Thank you."

Kanato got two cookies. He ate one and said,"Wow these are good, I didn't know you could make sweets." I smiled and said"After my mother died she left behind some recipes for me to make some sweets I've been doing it for quite awhile as well." Kanato understood this an said,"I see, no wonder they're so good."

I offered the bag to him again and said,"Here you can have a few more, I know how much you like things sweet." Kanato smiled like a child and said,"Thanks Kura-san." Kanato took a couple more of the cookies and he said,"Thanks, see you later."

"Later." I said as I waved goodbye to him. I thought to myself,"They maybe vampires but, I guess I can be nice to them once in a while."

I got to an empty classroom and I sat on the window sill sketching away. While I was drawing I said,"How long do you intend to sit there and watch me, Subaru?" I said as I glanced at Subaru who was sitting next to me when he teleported out of nowhere. Suabru said,"Tch, I have no idea what you're talking about."

I continued to draw and then Subaru said,"Hey, what exactly is it you're sketching anyway?" I showed my portrait of Subaru and he said,"Are you a stalker or a hunter?" I smacked his shoulder and said,"Oy!" Subaru rubbed his shoulder and said,"I'm kidding, I gotta admit, for a vampire hunter you're good at art."

"Thank you." I said as I continued to draw the portrait of Subaru. We sat in silence for a few seconds and Subaru said,"Why did you become a vampire hunter?" I said,"It's a long story but let's just say after my mother passed away and my father ignored for five years I decided to leave home and become part of a vampire hunter's group where I felt more loved and I felt free." Subaru said,"...Kura..."

My eyes widen at what I was saying and I said,"Ignore me, I sometimes get like this when someone asks me about my past I don't know why I say those things." I said as I waved my hands as a sign not to worry about it. Subaru then says,"It's fine." Suabru says as he looks out of the window.

I smiled and I tore the page out of my sketchbook and I gave the drawing to Subaru. He looked a bit surprised and I said,"You can have it, call it my way of saying thanks for putting up with me for these last few days." Subaru blushed and then he took the drawing from me and said,"Uh..Thanks."

He said as Subaru looks out of the window with a blush on his cheeks. I thought to myself,"Underneath all of that bad attitude he does have a cute side to him." I stood up from the window sill and I then left the classroom. While I was on my way to the next class I saw wolves running about through the bushes. I thought to myself,"First it was that Richter person and now there are some wolves, I get the feeling that something big is about to happen, hmm, I'll need to find out more about this Richter person maybe one of the brothers can tell me."

Just then, I heard some say,"Offt!" I was confused at what that sound was about I looked down and there was a sleeping Shuu lying underneath my foot. I said,"Oh for the love Pete! Shu! What are you doing lying on the ground like that?!"

He sat up and said,"I was trying to sleep until someone stepped on me." I frowned and said,"Well maybe if you weren't napping on the floor like that it wouldn't have happened." Shu leaned against the wall and he closes his eyes again and says,"Be quiet, you're ruining my music."