Chapter 7

KURA'S POV

I was outside in the daylight and I continued to search more clues that may lead to the founders. I knelt down and I tried to look for more wolf paw prints but so far nothing. I walked over to a tree and I did noticed some claw marks on the bark and on the fallen branches but the wolves left no trail. I sighed frustration and I punched the tree and shouted,"Damnit!!"

I gritted my teeth and said,"No matter how many times I find some clues that may lead to the founders the trail always goes cold! How long can they stay hiding for?!"

I clenched my fist tightly and I sighed and I opened my fist and I moved it away from the bark of the tree. I thought to myself,"I knew it was going to be a while for looking for the founders but it gets so frustrating about some of the clues going cold."

I looked up and I realised at what I was doing wrong. I thought to myself,"Wait...the trails I've found from before always goes cold whenever I found them but then there's some of the wolves I keep seeing sometimes if they're the founders familiars I can follow them and they'll lead me to them but the problem is where and when they'll show, oh well, I guess it's back to square one I'd better get back to the mansion."

I thought to myself as I walked back to the mansion. As I walked back to the mansion I remembered what happened last night between me and Subaru. I blushed as I remembered about us hugging like that so I shook my head and I slapped my cheeks and said,"No, No, No! Kura you can't let something like that distract you!"

 I said as I headed back to the mansion. Before I headed back to the mansion I stopped by the post office and I got my letters and headed back home. Once I got back I opened one of the letters and it was from Ayame.

Her letter said,"Hey Kura! Glad to know you're doing well, things over here are little a bit crazy because there are a lot of job requests lining up as well. This week's rent came up as well but don't worry I was able to save up enough money to for your rent but not to be impatient or anything but please hurry up and get the job request done I can't take it anymore. Bottom line I'm glad things are all right but don't let those Sakamakis get to you they ma seem nice but I get the feeling they're just saying those nice you so they can get a taste of your blood, just be careful and good luck and come back soon, Ayame."

I laughed at some parts of Ayame's letter and I shook my head at that last sentence as well. I opened the other letter and this one was from Sai.

His letter said,"To Kura, It's good to know that you're giving me some updates on you job request but it's such as shame that some of the clues you've found have gone cold but don't worry it was bound to happen like I said it's not an easy job to track them down. Anyway, there's also another reason why I'm writing to you, I don't know if you've read your father's letter but I've heard from Sora that your father is still trying to find you we were only able to convince him that you were on a job and we don't know where you are or when you'll be back, it's a good thing I've sent you on this job request other wise you father would've caught you sooner. A word of advice before I finish this letter, be cautious and try not to blow it other wise you'll be back at that mansion and back to being a rich girl, from your mentor, Sai."

I sighed at what my mentor wrote. I still couldn't believe that my father is still trying to find me but he's right though I have to make sure no one knows about my true identity. I put the letters back in the envelopes and I put them in my drawers and I looked at the last envelope and I was worried that it might be from him. I was about to open it but then someone said,"Some is popular."

I jumped in surprised and I looked behind me and Ayato was sitting on my bed. I said,"Ayato! How many times do I have to tell you? Knock before you enter."