Chapter 28

KURA'S POV

As we were walking down stairs in the dark hallways. I said,"Oh man it's pitch black down here, I can't see a thing."

"Stop complaining and keep walking, this will make things easier." Akira said as she used her green flames on her palm to help us see better.

I said,"Ah that's better."

Akira giggled and then we continued to walk to walk down the dark hallways. As we were walking through the hallways I asked Akira,"Akira, do your powers have a limit or something? I mean you have been using them a few times before we came here."

"Well, if you're thinking if I'm getting exhausted I'm not because I'm a vampire I'm able to use them a bit longer but when I was human my powers didn't last very long when I used a large amount of it during a fight." Akira explained to me.

I nodded my head understanding my meaning. I then asked her,"You can tell me that this is none my business but, how long have you and Ruki been seeing each other?"

"Oh for a quite awhile now, I haven't seen Ruki in awhile because of my job as Karl's bodyguard and a friend to Christa." Akira said.

"Really? well if you've been seeing each other for awhile does that also mean that you two have...well you know? ...*Whisper* *Whisper*" I said as I whispered in her ear about the last part.

Akira's cheeks blushed and then she nodded her head. I backed away from her shocked and said,"Holy crap!! That's gross!!"

"Hahahaha!!! You were the one who asked me that it's your fault for reacting this way." Akira said as she laughed too hard about my reaction.

Just then we were at a door luckily it was open. Akira cancelled out her fire and then we both placed our hands on our sword's hilts just in case. Akira opened the doors as they creaked really loud. When we got inside there was no one around. Akira said,"Looks like it's safe to assume that no one has been down here for a long time."

"Well it was just a precaution you'll never know what might jump out at you." I said as we both walked in.

The room was pitch black so Akira opened her hands and then she raised her arms making several fire balls around the room making it easier for us to see. Everywhere we looked the room was dusty and the shelves were covered in spider webs as well. Akira said,"Looks like this room must have been like a study place for Kagome-sama."

"You're right look at this." I said as I looked at her portrait.

Akira wiped away the dust and she said,"She looks just like you."

"Don't you mean I look just like her?" I said as I stood next to the paint and Akira nodded.

We looked around some more and then Akira said,"Hey what exactly is it that we're looking for?"

"I don't know, if you were Kagome-sama and if you wanted to keep a record of your 'secret' powers what would you do?" I said as I looked at some of the shelves.

Akira said,"Well I would write down some instructions on some scrolls just the tradition way."

I got one of the scrolls on the selves and said,"Well if Kagome-sama did write something on these but look the pages are all rotted."

Akira looked at one of them and said,"These scrolls have been down here for a long time and because of the sate of this room the scrolls have been rotting away like this for quite a while."

I set down one of the scrolls and then we looked around some more until Akira was at a desk and then she said,"Hey I found something!"

I looked at Akira and she had a box and it looks as if it's still in great condition. Akira sat the box on the table and said,"This box looks as if it's still new, if that's the case that would mean someone was down here."