Chapter 36

KURA'S POV

It had been a while since we came back from the demon world and everything was finally back to normal, well sort of. Akira told Ruki that she's pregnant and he was happy that was for sure and he became a little too overprotective as well since he found out about this. I flinched in pain when I was writing in my journal. I pulled my top up a little and the wound that Ritcher inflicted on me was just about healed but it still hurt a bit.

I looked out of the window and I though to myself,"Mum...I think it's about time that I paid the old man a visit and then I'll decide if he deserves a second chance." I thought that as I closed my journal and I put it in my drawer. Just then someone said,"Hey what are you doing up? you shouldn't you be in bed?"

I looked at who it was and Reji was standing there with a glass of water and some pain killers in his hands. I said,"I'm fine Reji, besides my wound doesn't hurt from before." Reni rolled his eyes and said,"If you say so."

Reji said as he looks at my injury. Reji the says,"Your right, your wound is healing up fine but try and not to push yourself too much if it still hurts you."

I nodded my head and said,"Ok thanks Reji by the way, where's Subaru? I thought he was going to check up on me." Reji then said,"For some reason he's gone out to town he said something about getting you a get well present."

I smiled and said,"I see." Reji then said,"Subaru has changed a lot since he fell in love with you, inthe past he always prefers to be alone but he's seems a bit more happier since he met you." I then said,"I know, he's definitely lost that look of loneliness in his eye when we fell in love."

I then remembered something. I gave the folded letter to Reji and said,"Reji can you do me favour? When Subaru comes back can you give him this." Reji takes the letter and sais,"what is this a love letter?" I frowned and said,"No it's not that it's just to let him know where I'm going."

I put my boots on and I put a sleeveless jacket on. Reji then said,"Where are you going?" I looked back at him and said,"Just a quick visit to my old home, I need to confront my old man and find out if he really has changed."

Reji understood this and said,"All right, I'll give this to Subaru when I get the chance." I bowed to him and said,"aregato, Reji." I said as I left the room.

REJI'S POV

I looked at the folded letter and I thought to myself,"Confront your old man huh? She's a strong and a brave woman just like you, Kagome." I thought that as I looked out of the window thinking about the old days when Kagome was still alive.

Just then Subaru came back and he said,"Reji where did Kura go?" I gave him the letter that Kura gave me and I said,"She asked me to give you this before she left."

SUBARU'S POV

I opened the folded letter and as I read it I knew right then where she was. I said,"Reji, I know where she's going, I'll be back later." I said as I dropped the letter and I ran out of the house to catch up with Kura.

As I was heading to the Takashi Manor I remembered what the letter said. The letter said,"Subaru, I'm heading to the Takashi Manor. I would have told you myself but I knew you would go against it. So I decided to go to the Takashi Manor on my own but if you want to stop me then you better hurry and catch up with me. From Kura."

As I was getting closer to the Takashi Manor I saw Kura standing there looking at the Manor. I said,"Kura!!"

KURA'S POV

As I stared at the Takashi Manor remembering what happened to me when I little and what my father did to me. Just when I was about to head over there I heard someone shout,"Kura!!" My  eyes widen and I then smiled and I turned my head and there he was Subaru was panting with exhaustion he must've teleported on the way here and then he must have ran over here. I said,"So you decided to come after all."

Subaru stops panting and then he frowns and says,"You idiot! Why would you come here on your own?!" I held his hand and said,"Because the last time when I came here was with Akira and I thought he was the same heartless old man I remembered but I might have been wrong because when I was hiding in the shadows he has a new wife and I have a half sister as well so I came here to confront him and decide if he deserves a second chance but now that you're here Subaru..."

I placed my hand on his cheek and said,"Will you come with me?" Subaru eyes's widen while his cheeks turned pink. He places his hand on top of mine and said,"For your sake I will." I was so happy that he agreed that I flung my arms around his neck and said,"Thank you Subaru!" Subaru blushed even brighter and said,"OK!! I get it now get off me!!"

After that Subaru and I held hands as we walked to the front doors of the Manor. I looked at the Manor and I took a deep breath and Subaru squeezes my hand. I looked at him and said,"Let's get this over with." Subaru nods his head and we entered through the front doors. Once we entered the entryway hasn't changed on bit since I came here. Just then one of the maids saw me and said,"Oh my goodness!! Kura?! Is that really you?!"

I smiled and said,"It's me all right." Suddenly the rest of the butlers and maids came running over to me and they smiled at me and one of them said,"Miss Kura! You've grown up so much!!" One of the maids then said,"You look just like your mother now!!" I giggled at the reactions while Subaru looked a bit stunned at the many maids and butlers here.

Just then someone said,"What's all the commotion in here?!" I looked up and on the first floor of the stair case there was a beautiful and I knew who she was. She walked towards me and said,"Who are you? Some of the servants seemed to know you." I smiled and said,"That's because I used to live here when I was ten years old, I'm Kura, Kura Takashi, nice to meet you."

The woman's eyes widen at this and said,"You're her?! Oh my you certainly look different from the photographs your father showed me." I then said,"Is he here?" She then said,"No but he'll be back shortly he'll be pleased to see you again, oh where are my manners? I'm Dawn, your step mother, Kura." She said as she held out her hand and I shook hands with her.

As Subaru and I were waiting for Father to return Dawn was explaining to me how she met my father and she also told me that she was my mother's best friend. Just then a little girl came running in and she hugged Dawn and said,"Mummy! Come on play with me!!" She said,"Not now sweetie, mummy has some guests here." She said as she looked over at me and Subaru.

Dawn then said,"Lily, this is Kura, she's your half sister." Lily's eyes widen and she said,"Really?! I have a sister?!" I nodded my head and said,"Well actually half sister to be exact, we have the same father but our mothers are different." Lily ran over to me and she hugs waist and said,"Yay!! Big sister it's great to see you!!"

I blushed at the words big sister and I then said,"Come here you sweet thing!!" I hugged her tightly. Dawn and Subaru chuckled in the background as they watched what we were doing. Lily notices Subaru and says,"Big sister, who's that?" I then said,"That's Subaru Sakamaki he's my boyfriend."

Subaru blushed at those words and then Lily hugs his arm and said,"It's nice to meet you big brother Subaru!" Subaru blushed a darker shade of red and said,"Huh?! Big brother?!" I laughed at him and Dawn said,"Sorry I forgot to warn you, Lily gets a little bit clingy when it comes to someone new." I then said,"In other words you and father spoil her rotten huh?" Dawn sweat drops at that comment meaning that I've struck a bulls eyes.

Just then someone came barging in through the living room doors and it was my father. I stood up and my father's eyes widen and he said,"Kura..my little Kura you've come back.." He ran over to me and he hugs me tightly. I was surprised at this and I thought to myself,"He's..happy and relieved to see me..? I was half expecting him to be his usual heartless self but I was wrong."

TO BE CONTINUED...