Chapter 17

Jane pov...

I'm over seven months pregnant and have a very noticeable bump now. Jordan will be here in two months time when I will find out the gender of my baby, I have kept it a secret so far.

The nightmares have gone away now mostly, I am still seeing my therapist every two weeks. Only Maura knows that I go see him as I don't want everyone to know how much I have been struggling with everything. I'm glad that they are there for me as they support me and help me without even realising how much of a difference they make to me.

I have work today but I'm only on desk duty and Cavanaugh is forcing me to go on maternity leave at the end of the week as I will hit the 32 week mark. At work there is no case so the entire team is doing paperwork.
I stop to take a break and my phone rings, my therapist is the one calling. I answer and he wants me to see him today as I can't have the appointment in two days time as he will be away. I book my time for half an hour and then hang up the phone. I pack up my stuff and get up to leave, Cavanaugh sees me and asks "where are you going?"
I say "I'll be back soon, I have an appointment to go to"
He nods and says "I want to talk to you so when you get back come into my office"
I nod and leave.