Chapter 12

Jane pov...

It has been a month back at work and it's been great. I missed being at work and am happy to be back at the moment. My hands have healed now and I just have the scars, they still hurt every now and then but I don't mind it.
I go to the cafe to have a decaf coffee as a normal coffee could harm the baby. I sit down and Ma comes over to me and says "hello"
I say "hi"
She says "Tommy is getting out of prison next week"
I nod and she asks "can he stay at your place until he finds a house for himself?"
I say "no, Ma there's no room for him to stay"
She says "what if we put him in your office, that is a spare bedroom"
I laugh and say "that room is used"
She asks "for what?"
I say "It's a surprise but can show you, the guys and Maura after work today"
She nods and gets called back to doing her work so I go upstairs to talk to Frankie first. I tell him that Tommy us getting out and Ma wanted him to stay with me but he can't.
Frankie says "Tommy can stay in my extra room it's still set up"
I nod and say "Ma will like that"
He nods and I say "I have a surprise to show everyone after work at my place"
He smiles and sits back at his desk and I go over to Korsak and tell him "I have something to show everyone after work at my place"
He nods and I go tell Frost the same thing.
We don't have a case right now so I go down to Maura's office and I tell her "there is something at my place I want to show everyone after work"
She nods and asks "what is it?"
I laugh and say "it's a surprise, I was going to wait but something Ma said is making me show everyone now"
She nods and says "what did Angela say?"
I say "it's was about my younger brother Tommy"
She says "I always wondered about him"
I say "Well, Frankie and I became cops and Tommy went to prison for hitting a priest in a crosswalk"
She says "oh"
I say "it was third strike for driving under the influence"
She stays silent and I say "I don't know what he will be like when he gets out, I'm worried for him which is why Ma wanted him to stay with me but he will stay will Frankie instead"
She says "it's good he has support from family as that helps"
I nod and say "I can't wait to see his reaction to me being pregnant"
She says "he doesn't know"
I shake my head and say "no we haven't been in contact much so I never told him"
She nods and we talk for a bit longer before I go back upstairs and work on old paperwork as we have no current case.