Chapter 14

Jane pov...

I am 4 1/2 months pregnant now and only the people I told know about the baby. Somehow it hadn't spread yet but I am starting to show now so I guess people will be guessing that I am.

Before I go into work today I have an ultrasound to check on the baby. I go to hospital and the scab shows my baby is growing, it's healthy and there doesn't seem to be any problems. I could have found out the gender but I want it to be a surprise. I already call my baby Jordan as I don't like to call my baby an it.  I get a photo of the scan as I know people will want to see it.

I go into work an working security at the entrance is Officer Jenkins, I say "hello Jenkins"
she says "hey Jane"
She pauses before saying "I don't mean to be rude but there are rumours that you are pregnant are they true"
I nod and say "yes"
She says "congratulations"
I say "thank you"
I get up to my desk and Ma is waiting for me, she says "I know you had a scan today, how did it go?"
I say "it went well, Jordan is perfectly healthy"
She smiles and says "that's good, I will talk to you later I have to go start work now"

I sit down at my desk and start on the paperwork from the case we finish yesterday.

I take a break to get something to eat when Martinez comes down and walks over to me and says "congrats I heard you were pregnant"
I nod and say "yeah, thanks"
He says "just wondering is it Hoyts"
I say "umm yeah"
He says "sorry you had to go through that, you are so strong to not show it"
I say "thanks"
He says "just so you know it will spread around or be rumours"
I nod and say "yeah, I don't care people will find out sooner or later"
He nods and says "I have to go now"
I nod and say "bye" before I walk away and go back to my desk.

I finish the paperwork and then go down to the cafe to have lunch with Ma and Maura. I can tell people are looking at me or there are a few whispers around but they stop soon. I wonder what others think about me now because of Hoyt. I don't think people expected it to be his which is why everyone seems so shocked, everyone knew that Hoyt took me but didn't get told anything that happened other than I killed him.