Chapter 9

Jane pov...

I get up in the morning knowing today will be a busy day. I have an appointment with my therapist at 10am, lunch with Ma and Maura at 12pm, appointment with my physical therapist at 2pm, meeting with Cavanaugh at 4pm and talking to the guys at 6pm in the Dirty Robber.

I get up and eat breakfast and start to tidy my apartment up a bit more. I have to start clearing out the spare room which is an office so I can turn that into my baby's room. I start thinking about what I do with everything in the room and realise that I need to leave now so I have plenty of time to get to my first appointment.

I go in to the appointment with Dr. Cooper, this appointment is about how she thinks I am mentally and when I could go back to work. We talk about how I am happy having a baby but nervous at the same time, how I feel about work as I am bored at home and want to start doing more, we talk about telling people about the baby and we talk more about Hoyt. At the end of the session she says that I am ready mentally to go back to work now, I just have to wait to see what my physical therapist says this afternoon.

I leave and still have just under an hour before I have lunch so I go back to the baby store and Kate is working today. I ask her "what do you have that I could buy so people will know I am having a baby instead of telling them"
She smiles and asks "what do you do for a job?"
I say "I'm a detective, why?"
She says "I can get you a white onesie that says on it "be careful my mommy's a detective"
I nod and says "that sounds perfect"
She goes away and comes back a few minutes later with the onesie and it is so cute. Kate says "I take it you like it"
I nod and say "thank you so much"
She smiles and says "no problem"
I buy it and say "I have to go now but I know I will be coming back to this store when I need to buy everything"
She nods and says "cool, I will see you around then"
I nod and we say bye and I leave. I put the onesie under my seat so I can get it later and I go to Maura's house as that is where I am meeting Maura and Ma for lunch. We eat and talk about random topics before they have to go back to work.
I go back to my apartment and decide that from the office I will get rid of the desk, computer, couch and shelves so the room will be empty and I can start the room over for my baby. I think about moving everything but I notice the time and have to go to the next appointment with my hand therapist Dr. Goodman.

I go to the appointment and he checks over my hands, the movement and asks about the pain levels. I still have a little bit a pain but I try to ignore it. I have most movement back in my hands as they have healed really fast this time. He says that I can go back to work on Monday which is in five days time.

I leave and go to BPD as I am meeting with Cavanaugh in ten minutes. I arrive and get called into his office straight away. He asks "how did the appointments with your therapists go"
I say "good, I can come back on Monday"
He asks "do you remember what I said the yesterday about you coming back?"
I nod and say "I am on desk duty the whole time until I go on maternity leave"
He nods and says "have to told anyone about the baby yet"
I nod and say "Maura and my mother know, I am telling the guys later on today so everyone will know soon"
We talk for a little longer before I go.

I go home and get movers to get to stuff from in my the office and I put it in a storage unit for the moment.

I go to the Dirty Robber and Frankie and Frost are already there. I sit down and Maura arrives as I invited her to tell her about coming back to work as she already knows the other news. Korsak arrives and joins us. They all look at me to start talking so I say "well first lot of news I can start back at work on Monday"
They nod and Frankie asks "what was the reason I have a permanent spot in this unit?"
I smile and take the onesie out of my pocket and place it on the table folded so they can't see what it says yet. Frost picks it up and reads what it says and asks "really?"
I nod and Korsak asks "what?"
Frost shows the onesie to Korsak and Frankie. Frankie says "my sis is having a baby"
I can see on Korsak's face the look of worry as he figured it out. He looks at me about to ask so I nod and say "yes Korsak"
Frost asks "what did I miss?"
Korsak says "I realised who the father is"
Frankie asks "who?"
I say "I am eight weeks pregnant who do you think?"
It's silent for a moment then Korsak says "it's Hoyt"
I nod and watch the emotions on Frost and Frankie's faces I can't tell what it is and Frost asks "how come you didn't tell us what happened?"
I say "sorry I didn't know how you would react or what you would think"
They nod and Frankie says "no problem but yay your having a baby"
I nod and say "yeah"
Korsak asks "do other people know?"
I say "well Ma and Cavanaugh know but I am sure that it will spread now"
Frost asks "do you care if people find out"
I say "not anymore"
Korsak says "you must be looking forward to coming back to work even if it is for a small time"
I frown and Frost asks "what?"
I say "I am coming back but am on duty duty until after I have the baby"
They all laugh and we stay talking for a while longer before we all leave.