Chapter 7

Jane pov...

I walk into BPD and go straight to Cavanaugh's office. I sit down and he asks "how are you?"
I say "alright, I can handle the pain and my hands have a bit of movement"
He nods and says "how long do you think until you come back to work?"
I say "I don't know, why do you want me to come back soon"
He nods and says "I would like it for you to come back as soon as you can and go back to the unit"
I ask "why do you need me to come back?"
He says "Frankie has been requested to work permanently in the drug unit and when I said that he is needed to work homicide I was told that you can start again soon so they will take him unless I have a need for him"
I laugh and say "I might be able to help you"
He asks "how?"
I say "I will be needing time off in a few months"
He asks "and why is that?"
I say "I'm pregnant"
He asks "how come I haven't heard anyone talking about it?"
I say "I haven't told anyone yet"
He asks "how far along are you?"
I frown and say "eight weeks"
He is shocked and says "did he, is it"
I interrupt him and say "yes the father is Hoyt"
He asks "how come you didn't tell anyone?"
I say "I didn't know how people would react to the fact that after another time of Hoyt kidnapping me, that he finally got more of what he wanted and raped me before I killed him"
He looks at me sternly and says "Rizzoli listen to me, you are one of the toughest detectives I know. No matter what people won't treat or any differently"
I smile and say "thank you sir"
He nods and say "get as much help as you need, Frankie will be added to your unit so even when you return he will stay there. Only the people who need to know will find out about your situation. I will make sure that no one else finds out until you are ready for them to know"
I nod and say "thank you"
He says "just know you will be put on desk duty when you get back to work and if you come back before you have your baby you will stay on desk duty until you go on maternity leave no later than 32 weeks"
I nod and say "yes sir"
He nods and says "you may go now, come back when you are ready and congratulations on your baby I guess"
I nod and say "thank you, goodbye sir"

I walk out of Cavanaugh's office and I see Korsak watching me so I walk over to his desk and both Frost and Frankie walk over. Before I can say anything Cavanaugh walks over and says "Frankie, I wanted to let you know that you have officially been promoted to detective and you will be the newest member of this homicide unit"
He then says "this unit will now have Frankie added to it, nobody is leaving the unit and when Jane returns she will come back to this unit"
Once he is finished talking he walks back to his office.
Frankie looks at me and says "what was that about?"
I smile and say "you were going to be put in the drug unit permanently unless there was a reason for you to stay"
Korsak asks "what's the reason?"
I say "I will tell you tomorrow at the Dirty Robber"
Frost says "really"
I nod and say "I will be ready to tell you all then"
Korsak asks "when do you plan on coming back?"
I shrug and say "don't know yet, it depends on what the therapists and the doctor say, I am seeing then tomorrow and I will know when I can come back"
They nod and I say "bye I will see you tomorrow"
They nod and say bye so I leave and go to Maura's house as she will be getting home soon and knowing Ma she will be over then and I want to tell them first and then tell the guys tomorrow.