Chapter 1

Jane pov...

I woke up from a nightmare of Hoyt being back and in my room mixed in with memories. I don't see anyone in my apartment but I get up, grab my gun and go outside.
In the middle of the road is a flare, my mind goes back to when I burnt Hoyt using the flare to get away from him. He is in prison right, he can't get me.

I go back inside and grab a plastic bag and go back out and grab the flare now that it is no longer burning.
I put it away in a drawer to ignore it for the moment.

I get ready for work and get a call about a murder so I head straight to the scene.
When I get there I am freaked out, the first victim was found sitting on the couch in the living room it was man taped up with a slit neck and a tea cup on the floor. His wife was found raped then killed in the bedroom on left on the bed.

I go out to my car and sit down to think. I stare at my hands and think could he be back or it is a copycat or a new apprentice. Why couldn't Hoyt leave me alone, I was taken by him multiple times already. The first time haunts me no matter what, me pinned to the floor with scalpels in my hands and Korsak coming in to save me. Hoyt didn't get what he wanted with me and he won't stop until he does, he is obsessed with me and won't stop. I already have enough nightmares from him, I don't want any more but I think I will.

I don't want to be at this scene any longer so I start to car and drive back to my apartment and lock all the windows and doors. I know Korsak, Frost and Maura will be wanting to know where I am but I can't handle talking to them right now. Normally I am a person who is tough and strong and doesn't let much get to me but with Hoyt I am not, he is the one thing I am afraid of. There is a knock at the door and I look and see that it's Maura and let her in. She sits down and asks "what's going on Jane, you just left the scene without saying anything "
I say "it him Maura, it's Hoyt"
She says "we don't know that yet"
I grab the flare out of the drawer and say "this was left outside this morning, I was hoping it was a prank but it wasn't it's a message from him and he had something to do with these murders"
She says "let's go back to the station and get the flare to the crime lab and get all the information"
I nod as I know it's something I have to do. Maura gets in her car and drives away and I am about to get in my car when I hear someone near me, I turn and go to grab my gun when I hear him say "Janie I missed you"
I look and see Hoyt holding a gun to me and he walks over to me and I am ready to fight him. We start to fight and I feel something in my arm, I look and see he put a syringe in my arm and I lose consciousness.