Chapter 4

Maura pov...

I'm glad that Jane is safe now and Hoyt is dead as he can't hurt her anymore. I know that it will be hard for her now as she has to heal her hands again and also recover from all the trauma all over again.

I get up in the morning and I was surprised that Jane didn't have a nightmare like she did after the last times with Hoyt, maybe because she was exhausted or its that she knows he is dead hopefully it stays with her not having any nightmares.
I go in the kitchen and Angela has made breakfast for us and Frankie as he is over.
Jane comes in and we all eat breakfast, I can tell that it is hurting for her to hold the utensils but she is strong and continues anyway.
Her phone goes off and she takes the call. Once the call is finished she says "that was Cavanaugh, I have all the time off I need and I don't have to make a statement about Hoyt until I want to"
Frankie gets a call next from Cavanaugh saying that he is going to be working in Jane's job as they need a new person until Jane returns and he knows everything for the job.
Frankie and I get a call next and we have to go into work, I look at Jane and she says "go in Maura I'll be fine"
I nod and we leave to go to the scene and Angela also leaves as she has to go to work in the BPD cafe.