Nina Dobrev as Shelly Jessica Anderson above 

Can you all go support My New Neighbour on the Goodnovel app? I've recently uploaded this book there and it would be a great help if you would go read the book there too. Thank you! Here's the link https://www.goodnovel.com/book_info/31000001208/Romance/MyNewNeighbour

Follow on Instagram

Happy reading and nice day peeps :)

Enjoy ❤

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Shelly's point of view :-

I sighed as I watched my mom cutting the cucumber into round slices and placing them onto another plate one by one. Like seriously, one by one. She is really weird but very patient when it comes to cooking. She likes everything in a proper order and an ideal way. The same goes with her cooking style. She just likes everything to be well organized and I can't really blame her. I usually enjoy watching her but at times, It gets somewhat boring like today.

I was bored out of my mind by simply observing her figure moving around the kitchen from behind the counter. My lazy bum was beginning to hurt from having to sit on this stool for hours now. Okay, this is an over-exaggeration. Sitting idle like this was boring and I was kinda missing Linda, my nanny.

Since dad is returning back home from his business trip from Alaska, mom gave Linda three weeks off. Well, Linda is my nanny ever since I was born and I got somewhat used to having her around the house. You must be wondering why does a 17 year old girl still need a nanny?

My parents are rarely home. My father is a business man always travelling for his business meetings while my mother is a fashion designer who has to give her full time to her models. So, eventually, she has to be present for every shows that she contributed to around the world. My parents wanted to reassure that I would be safe during their absence. 

"Mom, where is dad?", I questioned my mom once again. I am so acting like a spoiled brat right now by being this impatient. You can't really blame me though as I'm seeing my dad after a whole damn month. I know this might sound weird to some people but this type of occasions rarely happens at my place. Having my parents home made me act childish but I prefer keeping this way because I rarely spend time with them growing up. I was always accompanied by Linda. She was like a second mom to me and sometimes, I just refer to her as mom. She doesn't really mind because she has like two sons, twins ones, who are of the same age as me. She always wanted to have a girl in her house as being around three males in her house sucks. Her words, not mine. 

"Shel, you have asked this for the fifth time already and the answer is that he'll be here soon", she deadpanned while throwing a glare my way with one of her eyebrows raised up high, almost reaching her hairline. 

Really? Thanks for reminding me mom that it was the fifth time, I thought sarcastically. But I knew better than to reply her at this point. I don't wanna face her wrath any time soon. Never mess with my mom and her kitchen while she's cooking. 

When she saw the blank look on my face, she rolled her eyes in response.

Gee mom. Don't roll your eyes at me. It makes you appear like my grandma. Seriously, if I had to spend a day with my grandma, I would prefer watching a scary movie than being lectured by her about the 'sex talk'. You heard that right, my grandma is the most unbearable person on this earth. My mom would always tell me that I am just like my grandma and I'm like 'Go and get your eyes checked up'.

Just then I heard the doorbell and sat up straight in my seat, clearly alerted by someone's presence. I grinned and jumped off the stool. That is definitely my father. It's high time that he arrives. I ran all the way to the living room to open the door.