Chapter 4 HIEUIME

"Alice Graham will you marry me?" He held out a small silver ring with a snowflake shape on the top. I was breathless. Could this get any better! I stood there shaking and took the ring.

"Yes. Frodo I do. I would love to marry you!" I told him. We were both so happy at the moment. "What does this have to do with my aging process?" I asked him.

" Well, once we are bind-ed by marriage you will become on of us. You won't turn into a hobbit, but you will have some of the properties of them. One of them are aging. You will age like us." Once I heard this good new, I was ecstatic.

"When will the wedding be? Does it take a long time to set one up?" I asked.

"I was hoping that it could be tomorrow? The sooner the better. If you want. That was just my thought."

"Oh yes! Tomorrow would be grand! Yay! I've always dreamed of this happening. Should we tell people?" I asked him.

"Of course, what other way is there to spread news. I know that Merry and Pippin will be an Merry's house. Let's go there first." He took my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed back.

On our way to Merry's house, we ran into Bilbo and Gandalf. They were obviously in a heated debate. I knew that this would happen. The passing down of the One Ring had been suspended for a while because of my arrival. 

"Alice, Frodo! What a pleasure to see you two in high spirits!" Gandalf said. I looked at Frodo and he turned toward Bilbo and Gandalf.

"We have big news! Alice is going to become my wife. I proposed to her this morning. The wedding date has been set for tomorrow." He told them. Both of them raised their eyes.

"This is sure quick, but if you two love each other. Then let it be! Of course I'll be there." Gandalf said. "I wouldn't miss this date for the world. Of course I will be there too!" Bilbo said. As we said goodbye, the little boy from yesterday came up to me. He looked at Frodo, then at me.

"I told you! Both of you would be perfect counterparts!" He said. I smiled at the small child.

"And You were right." I said. He ran off to go tell his parents about the engagement.

"What was that about?" Frodo asked me.

"Yesterday, when I was telling them stories, he came up to me and asked me if I was you partner or wife yet. When I said no, he seemed surprised."

"Oh. Look! Here we are. Merry's house." Frodo pointed to a hole that was small, but cozy looking. We walked up the cobblestone steps and knocked on the door. We both waited for a while. Then Merry opened the door. He looked tired and sleepy. 

"Alice! Frodo! Hello! Come inside." Merry said immediately. He perked up and his eyes widened. "Pippin, Alice and Frodo are here!!!" He called out through the house. I heard banging and nonsense. Then Pippin came to the front door. His hair was messed up and he looked just as tired. Then his eyes widened.

"Now what do we have going here?" He asked. I looked at Frodo.

"You can tell him." He told me. So I looked at Merry and Pippin.

"Frodo and I are getting married tomorrow." I couldn't help but squeal a little. Merry and Pippin opened their mouths and gawked at us.

"But...you just met yesterday. Not even for a whole day. And now, you're getting married! Wait til Sam here's about this." Then Pippin laughed. Merry was still serious.

"Last night was a night that I realized I was in love and....since she is mortal, then she can't stay alive as long as we do. So, when we get married, then there is some magical force that ages her the same as us." He told them. Then I thought of an idea.