25

I'm so sorry for not updating. School had started and some serious stuff came up. I'm okay now and. Should be back to writing normally.

P.S.- AP classes are really freaking hard.

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

Once Iruka had lead me to the academy, we walked to his class. As he opened the door, his face grew pale.

"Shit."

Pushing my head past the doorframe, I saw nothing.

An empty classroom.

"I forgot, hah. I actually don't have a class today.." he trailed off, laughing sheepishly a couple of times.

"Write down your schedule for the day in a book or something so you don't forget next time." I rolled my eyes.

I exited the academy, noting the position of the sun.

7:00am

We had an hour before we were to meet up at the front gate. I go back to Naruto's apartment and land on his balcony. He was inside and packing his bag full of food.

"Naruto-"

He screamed and jumped like a grasshopper. He then turned around with a hand on his chest, his breathing wavering.

"You gave me a heart attack, dattebayo." he stated, drama lining the tone of his voice.

"Please, Naruto, if you had a heart attack right now, you'd be in cardiac arrest and would have trouble breathing. I definetly gave your heart a good jolt though. Be sure to be aware of your surroundings." I chuckled.

"Hmph, I'm a ninja! A ninja that will become Hokage! Nothing will ever sneak up on me!" he shouts, swinging his fists in the air wildly.

"Alright, tell that to the bug that's crawling up your pants." I deadpanned.

Oh lord, he screamed like a little fairy and flipped out. His puberty needs to set in and get rid of that girly scream. Just imagine, fighting your enemies, screaming like a little fairy as you threw punches. It's actually quite funny if you think about it.

I shook my head, getting rid of my daydream and coming back to reality. Naruto had calmed himself down and was still trying to fit as much food as he could in his pack.

"You don't need to bring that much Naruto, we'll be gone for a maximum of 6 days. You do not need 30 containers of instant ramen. Pick 12 and just take those." I advise.

"But I can't decide! It's like choosing your favorite child, dattebayo!" he cried.

I looked at him with an unsympathetic look on my face.

"You have 5 minutes to choose or I will do it for you." I sighed.

Of course, Naruto could not pick so I choose 12 out of the pile and he packed them with only mild complaining.

"I just need to fill my weapon pouches and I'm ready to go!" he cheers.

"Why didn't you do that first?" I questioned.

"I had to pick my favorite 'child'." he mocked.

"Okay, wise guy, get your stuff together. I'll be waiting at the gate. Be punctual please. I don't want to be out of Konoha for longer than necessary." I said, bidding him goodbye.

I took off from his balcony, taking a slight detour because I still had a little time on my hands.

"Noborimasu."

(ascend)

A strong gale-force wind positioned itself underneath my wings and propelled me into the atmosphere. I flew through the clouds and up even higher until the air grew frigid. All the way up here, there were no sounds. It could be called nirvana to some people as it is just so peaceful and enchanting. The fluffy clouds seemed thick enough to lay on, but my common sense told me otherwise.

I flew in large circles, descending slowly. When my wings would run through the white puffs, the water vapor would cling to my feathers. At one point it was so cold that they would actually freeze onto my feathers. The sun's rays would dance off the crystallized water, making the surrounding air shimmer gold. As my altitude decreased, the frost that occupied my wings melted and the shimmering stopped. When I flew through the now warm air, it would wick away the water droplets that were once in the clouds. I flapped my wings as I reached the ground to slow my momentum down. I was now waiting at the gate for the other two to show up.

My chest expanded and compressed as I took in quick breaths of air to calm my fluttering heart. I love when I fly that high. I've never tested my limit though so I wonder if I could keep going higher if I wanted to. Shuffling feet alerted me to the presence of one of the two. Naruto greeted me with a smile and a wave before standing next to me. Jiraiya was still missing. It was not yet eight o'clock, but time goes fast.

Just as eight o'clock rolled around, Jiraiya showed up, looking like he just squared up with a stray cat.

"What happened to you Pervy-Sage!?" Naruto shouted, not even attempting to conceal his laughter.

"I had a rough night." he answers simply.

"Meaning that you hung out at a brothel and drank until the night grew old. How does the alcohol feel now?" I smirked.

"Nobody asked you." he says, grumbling all the while.

"True, no one asked me. I just thought that the world would be better off if I spoke my thoughts aloud." I retorted.

He didn't respond.

"Alright, let's go find Princess Tsunade." I said.

I took the lead and trekked out of Konoha, leaving the place which we could sleep without one eye open.

《☆☆☆》

I WILL update tomorrow. You guys need some action and I need to get back to the story's plotline. If you think I'm drawing the entire thing out too much, please let me know! I won't take any offense!