9

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

Hopping from branch to branch, I sent out chakra waves to find the genin. I found them hiding in the hollow of a tree, the roots protecting them. Only Sakura was actually conscious. Naruto was fine but Sasuke's state worried me. A very evil and unstable chakra was emanating from him. Orochimaru had given him a curse mark, claiming Sasuke as his subordinate. It troubled me that Sasuke also had the Sharingan. Orochimaru was out to master all the Jutsu of the shinobi world and become the most powerful. With the Sharingan, he could do just that. He wouldn't be able to copy Kekkei Genkai though, which is comforting.

I jumped down towards them, earning a yelp from Sakura.

"Relax, Sakura. It's just me, I'm here now." I cooed, crouching into the hollow.

Sakura was being a diligent medical nin by doing basic first aid. It wasn't really going to help Sasuke though

"I-I don't know what else to do." Sakura whimpered.

"You did fine. Rest for now, I'm sure you're tired as well." I soothe.

Sakura nods her head and uses her pack as a pillow. I lie myself down at the entrance to the hollow and keep watch. There were 3 chakra presences approaching from the north. They must have heard the commotion and thought the rookie genin would be easy prey. Not on my watch.

Yes I know this is technically cheating, but we weren't expecting Orochimaru to make an appearance. I groaned, leaning my head down on my paws and relaxing slightly. It would be about 10 minutes until the shinobi arrive so I will relax until then.

As the 10 minutes approach its end, I sit up on my back legs and tuck my wings in. My body blocked most of the view of Team 7, but any ninja could sense the evil chakra enveloping Sasuke. The shinobi, whom were coming, jumped out of the bushes and into the small area in front of the hollow.

"We're here to fight Sasuke." the short man says.

"I beg your pardon, but Sasuke is unavailable at the moment. If you want to fight, you are more then welcome to fight me." I respond, flaring my chakra up to intimidate them.

It seemed to work on the short man and the woman, but the man with the spiky hair seemed excited. He stepped forward in front of his colleagues.

"Zaku, don't tell me you're going to fight it?" he short man says.

"Yes, I am. I leave you to battle with Sasuke." he responds.

The man begins his approach, coming closer to me.

"Kabe." I say aloud.

The man stops in his tracks and waits for a couple seconds to see what I had done. When he thinks nothing has happened, he walks foreword again and slams into an invisible chakra wall.

"I deny you passage." I say.

A high pitched ringing noise enters my ears, making them writhe in pain. I lose concentration and the invisible chakra wall fades. The man steps past where the wall was and stands in front of me with a smirk.

"Osu." I say quickly.

A wave of chakra pushes the man back towards his teammates. The ringing still continues in my sensitive ears. With a growl, I look up to see the short man emitting sound waves from a device on his arm. I pounce forward, jaws agape. I slam them shut on the device, cracking the metal and making in useless. The pain in my ears disappears after I break the device.

"Leave now, before I change my mid and actually kill you." I threaten.

I hear a scream from behind me and whip my head around. I wasn't paying attention to the woman. She managed to sneak past me and beat up Sakura. She was holding her by her hair when Sakura drew a kunai. The woman mocked her then Sakura unexpectedly cut her hair from the woman's grasp. The woman was frozen in place though, a shadow connecting her to another rookie genin. Since it appears to be shadow technique, this must be a Nara child. His teammates appeared behind him, a plump looking boy and a girl with platinum blonde hair. The girl had fallen to the ground after making a couple of handsigns and taking over the woman's mind and body. She must be a Yamanaka child, only they can use mind altering Jutsu. They are valued in the Konoha Torture Squad. I didn't necessarily approve of the torture but I had no say in the actions of the village. With the woman and short man taken care of, Sakura raced after the last man. She put up a great fight for not using any Jutsu. The man had beaten her up pretty badly though. I was going to step in before the evil chakra exploded. Sasuke was standing up, the curse mark completely activated. After checking with Sakura, he attacked the man who had beaten her up. He broke both of the man's arms and was going to kill him.

"Osaemasu!" I shouted.

Using my own chakra, I suppressed the evil one, making it receed back into the curse mark. The tattoos over Sasuke's skin disappeared when the curse mark was suppressed. I let out a short breath of relief. Sasuke was awake, although in pain, and the three people who wanted to fight him had fled. The man had left me the scroll in exchange for his team's lives. What a pathetic little man.

I walked over to Sasuke, who was clenching his shoulder as if it would stop the pain. The curse mark was there, 3 tomes that looked like the ones found in the Sharingan.

"Sasuke, you need to get up. We will seal the mark later but you need to actually make it out of the test alive." I said, nudging him with my paw.

With a grunt, he got up onto his feet. Sakura was by his side in an instant. As for Naruto, he was still sleeping. I walked over to him and picked him up in my jaws. I went outside if the hollow then dropped him onto the ground. He woke up with a gasp then immediately glared at me.

"Good morning. I think it's time you finished the test, hm?" I encouraged.

Naruto shot up, fire in his eyes. After confirming that everything was alright, I made myself scarce.

Don't forget to tell me if anything else happens.

I won't, dattebayo!

《☆☆☆》