3

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

Naruto is one insane kid. I can keep up with him but the choices that he makes are unpredictable. He, is basically unpredictable. He seems to have gotten Kushina's attitude and craziness. He is almost an exact image of her, minus Minato's looks.

I watched Naruto and Iruka from a good distance. He still seemed upset about not graduating. Iruka soon pays, leaving Naruto with his bowl of ramen. Naruto finishes quickly to my surprise. He finished it in one gulp. He could choke to death like that. What a great way to go.

'Naruto, son of Minato, tragically died today from choking on ramen'

With a sigh, I got up to follow the retreating boy. He was then intercepted by another sensei. His scent just screamed danger. He was a bad egg from the beginning, holding a large grudge on Iruka. Mizuki begins to talk with Naruto, feighning his sympathy. What a great sensei he is. Mizuki left Naruto alone again after he talked for a couple minutes. Being slighty far away, I only heard snippits of the conversation. It was something about a scroll called the Scroll of Sealing and that if Naruto could steal it and learn one of its secret techniques that he would be allowed to graduate. Oh kami, is he really gonna do it?

"I'll totally get it, dattebayo!"

He is really gonna do it.

I told myself I would only jump in and work with Naruto when it was a life or death situation. This didn't seem too horrible. Someone would most likely catch him because Naruto isn't the brightest shinobi. Following him with my eyes, I lost him when he went into a building. It took a while so I was assuming he got caught. Boy, was I wrong. He races out of there with the scroll on his back and a goofy grin on his face. I swear to kami, this kid. I get up and follow him into the woods where he stops by a run-down shack. I jump down in front of him with a look of dissapointment on my face.

"Was it really a good choice to steal that scroll Naruto? Mizuki is a bad egg." I asked.

"Of course it was! I have to graduate so I am one step closer to becoming Hokage, dattebayo!" he yells angrily.

"You know, if you wanted to pass the right way, I could always tutor you. Even though I may not look it, I know very many jutsu and even created some of my own." I tried explaining.

"No, I gotta do this on my own!" he yelled at me.

"Keep your voice down! I get it, I usually feel the same way too. Just don't get yourself killed." I sighed.

I burst up into the trees just as Iruka finds Naruto reading the scroll and learning a forbidden jutsu. He gives Naruto a good scolding which made me laugh for quite a bit. Mizuki then shows up, demanding them to give him the scroll. I figured this would happen, humans are pretty predictable sometimes. Iruka tells Naruto to run back to the village with the scroll while he deals with Mizuki. Naruto complies, running and jumping through the trees as fast as he could go. Mizuki ignored Iruka and went right for Naruto. Mizuki grabs the scroll. He then knocks Naruto to the ground and begins to tell him information that even I did not know. I jump down, head low and growling once more. Kurama is my prey.

"If you do not shut your mouth, I will have to shut it for you. Quite possibly permanently." I told him.

He was quite surprised to see me here, not knowing what I was. Iruka dives on him while he was distracted. I knew Naruto had already heard too much from before I got there. Iruka began talking with Naruto.

"I don't blame you for the beast's actions! I was exactly the same as you when I was growing up, craving attention." he sympathizes.

Naruto's face says it all, he had gained the courage to fight Mizuki. Using a new technique that he couldn't use prior to this excursion, he beat Mizuki senseless. He used a clone jutsu. Not just any clone jutsu, the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Real, tangible clones. As it neared the end of the fight, I showed myself once more, stopping Naruto from doing any further damage to Mizuki.

"What you displayed right now, Naruto Uzumaki, was glorious!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah! I agree with the..uh..wolf..bird?" Iruka said akwardly

"Mist Spirit, if you must name my species. My name is Kasumi and I prefer bring called that and not 'wolfbird'. I glared.

"Haha! Yeah...gotcha." he says sheepishly.

Shinobi these days really need to toughen themselves out. I am most definetly not the most dangerous opponent out there. In fact I could be number 3 or 4.

Iruka awards Naruto a Konoha headband for his abilities shown before.

"Does this mean I graduate?!" Naruto shouts.

"Yes, Naruto. It does." Iruka whispers.

Naruto jumped up and down, shouting and pumping his fist into the air. We all raced back towards the village. Iruka walked Naruto home for the night then went to go return the scroll so it looks like Mizuki acted alone.

"You did a good job. Your dad would be proud." I said.

I shouldn't have said that.

"You know who my dad was!?" he exclaims.

"Yes, I did. Let's just say he was an amazing husband, shinobi and sensei." I said, leaving bits and peices out of it.

"Wow." he breaths out.

"Yes, 'wow' indeed." I chuckled.

I wished Naruto a good night before climbing to the roof of his current residence. Plopping down, I let out a groan. This job was not going to be easy with Naruto keeping me back. I didn't want to kill him but I did want to kill Kurama. I slam my paw against the roof's cement surface. This was highly frustrating. I will have to figure out how to unseal him but Naruto may not make it and I can't risk that. Now I have to watch over and protect Naruto as well as the beast residing in him. This was going to be difficult indeed.

《☆☆☆》

Author's Note

Wow, I got a bunch of reads last night! Thanks guys so much! I didn't know if the story was progressing the way you wanted it to but it seems that it is.

I do not own the Naruto characters or ideas. I only own Kasumi and this story plot.

*edited*

《☆☆☆》