8

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

The day of the chunin exams arrives quicker than expected. All three genin of Team 7 had signed up for the exam. Good thing for them because if they didn't, they wouldn't have participated. I had trained Naruto for a week before the exams. We mostly worked on chakra control, which he was very adept at. I had also found a Jutsu that allows telepathy between two beings. Obviously I used it on Naruto and I. This is how I have been checking up on him. Because of this Jutsu, I have been able to give Naruto more space. I was able to be further away from him without worrying so much.

At this point, I completely regret my decision. Naruto and his team have started the first test, a written exam.

Hey, Kasumi. Want to help me with the questions?

No, Naruto. That would be cheating. Try getting the information on your own. Don't get caught.

C'mon, please?

No. Just do your best.

But my best is really bad.

And why do you think that?

Because I don't know anything on this exam!

Relax. At least put something down so it looks like you tried.

No, they will read the answers I give and think I am not good enough to be a chunin.

I can't help you, Naruto. It would be unethical.

Please?

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No. Dammit, I always end up falling for that.

I'm leaving now, good luck.

I don't need luck. I just need my awesomeness.

Sure, Naruto. Sure.

It turns out that the written exam didn't count at all. It was just if you would stay there even when put under pressure. It's just like the real world when you are presented with a life or death situation. Ibiki did well. I'm worried about Anko though. She has already scarred the current participants. She also needs to learn what real clothing is, or at least wear real clothing.

Anko brought the participants to the next exam location. This time it was in an excluded, wooded area. Many animal screams could be heard from within the forest.

Remember, I am here if there is a life or death situation. I'm willing to help during this part of the exam.

I know. Thanks, Kasumi.

After about an hour, Anko let the genin into the woods. I waited in the field just before the woods. I was close enough that I could help Naruto if he needed, but far enough away so it didn't look like he was cheating.

It didn't take long after the exams started to hear the screams of dying shinobi. It was gut-wrenching because I didn't know who made each scream. The one thing I do know is that there is a dark chakra in those woods. I think I know who it is, but then again it could be someone different.

Kasumi!

What's wrong?

I had leapt up to my feet, my head swiveling around.

I don't know! There is some crazy snake lady who attacked us. She's gone after Sasuke!

Calm yourself. I'm on my way.

I pushed of the ground and flew above the forest. I swerved through the trees, sensing for his chakra. The first thing I sensed before Naruto's chakra was his. I knew it, it is Orochimaru. Minato was taught by Jiraiya so it was only natural that he met Orochimaru. That's how I knew him. We had to chase him out of Konoha because he was trying to learn forbidden Jutsu. That's what he was doing now, he is trying to find a body for his immortality Jutsu. Sasuke is his target because of his sharingan. I made a clone of myself to alert the Hokage of his student's scheme. As for myself, I raced towards the large chakra source. As I drew nearer, I could hear the hissing of a rather large reptile. I aimed myself above it then I pulled in my wings. I went into a nosedive, hitting the reptile with hard force. It was stunned currently as I stood on its head. I sunk my claws into the scaly flesh for better traction. Once more, my head swiveled around, looking for the genin. Naruto was pinned to a tree across the way with a kunai. Sakura and Sasuke were out in the open, Orochimaru cackling wildly.

"Get out of here, genin!" I boomed, snarls lining my voice.

They thankfully took my advice. I turned to face Orochimaru but he was no where to be found. I spun on my heels and bounded towards Sasuke. The large snake followed, Orochimaru standing on its head. I lashed out at the snake, making its master jump off towards his target. That was not what I wanted to happen. I pushed off the snake and barreled at them. I was too late though, Orochimaru has cursed him.

"Keep going Sasuke! Take Naruto and get out of here!" I shouted.

"Oh my, look how you've grown." Orochimaru chuckled.

"I see your perverted behaviour hasn't changed either." I snapped back.

His grin vanished from his face.

"You know, I never liked you." he retorted.

"I figured. Minato always used to complain about you to me." I chuckled.

His hand lashed out towards me, giving his snake the command to pounce. I turned just in time to land on its incoming head. It shook its head, trying to remove my presence. I forced my canines into its skin and ripped a part of it off. That should be a good enough injury to hinder it. I then flung myself at Orochimaru, pinning his arms down with my large paws. I growled in his face, my teeth bared. He simply phased into the wood of the tree branch beneath us.

"The Hokage knows of your scheme! Don't cause more trouble. Who am I kidding, there is no use in me telling you that." I called out.

Orochimaru's large snake was apparently a summon because after he vanished, so did his snake. I ignore my urge to chase after him, it takes a great effort. I follow Team 7's trail from which they escaped from the enemy.

《☆☆☆》

Author's Note

I'm so sorry, both of these stories became semi-poplular semi-fast. I absolutely love when I get the notifications of story votes. Thanks for voting and continuing to read my work. I really appreciate it.

I do not own any of the Naruto characters or ideas. I only own Kasumi and this story's plotline.

《☆☆☆》