4

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

I tried to sleep last night but I was afraid that I would fall asleep for a long time once more. I can last for a couple days without sleep but eventually I will need it. I didn't go anywhere during the night. I stayed atop of the building which Naruto was in. It was basically watching people walk around at night and looking at stars. Stars are quite beautiful when the sky is clear. My favorite constellation is Lupus. It is meant to be seen as a wolf and I think it is rather beautiful. Once the stars began to fizzle out, it signalled the arrival of dawn. The sun peeked over the tall trees in the east, making the sky burst with purples, pinks, oranges, and yellows. The village would awaken soon and I would have to find somthing to eat. I don't eat much and I am extremely picky about my food. I will only eat duck and deer meat. They also have to be freshly caught that day. Like I said, I am extremely picky. I hoped some unfortunate flock of ducks would fly over me so I wouldn't stray too far from Naruto. I have become like an overprotective parent. At least I don't embarass him.

I get up onto my feet and do some morning stretches. It is always good to loosen up muscles before you do anything. I climb down to the balcony of Naruto's apartment and look into the window. His place was an utter disaster. I don't even know how he would keep order in his room. Using one of my claws, I tap on the glass to try and wake him up. It didn't do anything besides making him roll over. I use my whole paw this time and bang against the glass multiple times.

That seemed to get him up rather quickly. He had shot out of bed and fell onto the floor with a groan. Now that my job was done, I made my way back up to the roof and waited for Naruto to go to the academy. Today was the day that they would get assigned to teams. The teams would consist of 3 genin and 1 jonin. This would allow the gennin to complete missions and further enhance their abilities.

Naruto soon exited his apartment, adjusting his head band. He seemed like he was glowing because he was so happy. Good for him. I waited for him to enter the academy before I would leave to go on a hunt. With lots of eyes on him in there, not much could happen. I extended my wings and took flight, heading towards the immense forest. There was plenty of wildlife here but not the kinds I was looking for. I flew lower and slower, looking closely at the forest floor. My eyes lit up as I saw a doe ripe for the picking. She had no fawn with her so I decided to go ahead and go for her. The deed was soon done. I made it as fast and as painless as I could with minimal mess. I ducked my head down and commenced to eat. My ears flickered around at all angles to keep watch. I had an uneasy feeling about this part of the woods though. I felt as if I was being constricted in here. Ignoring my insticts, I ate quickly then went to wash up in a stream. Blood will stain if you leave it to soak too long. I gulped down some water then snapped my head back up. My ears were foreward and I was comoletely alert. I swear I heard something. I saw two people wearing black cloaks with red clouds on them. They looked very suspicious and they had a bad vibe to them. I leapt in front of them making them stop dead in their tracks.

"What are you doing in Konohagakure territory?" I demanded.

The tallest one of the pair chuckled, earning him a glare from his partner. It shut him up. The onyx-haired man looked me dead in the eyes. His sharingan was activated but he did not cast a genjutsu.

"Only the Uchiha clan has eyes like those. You must be Itachi Uchiha then." I devise.

His facial expression stated neutral but the blue man growled. His teeth were pointed and sharp. He looked like a shark-man if I ever saw one.

"We are just passing through. Step aside before you get hurt." shark-man says.

"You shouldn't be worried that I will get hurt. You should be more worried about yourselves." I growled, expanding my chakra to appear more threatening.

"Let's go, Kisame." Itachi says.

He walks directly back from whence he came. I stood in place to make sure they would leave.

"Did you feel its chakra level? It outmaches anyone I know." Kisame whispered to Itachi.

"That is why we left. We are no match to it. We will go back later." Itachi whispers back.

These men thought I couldn't hear them. How pathetic. It looks like I will have to keep an eye out for those two. Who knows what they are going to do.

I flew back to the academy. It was almost completely empty besides three people, one of which was Naruto. I dropped down to the ground and knocked on the window in his classroom. All three of the genin looked over. The girl and onyx-haired boy looked at me weirdly. Naruto runs over and quickly opens the window, allowing me inside.

"Kasumi, I got placed on a team!" he shouts at me.

"Excellent, Naruto. Learn to use your inside voice next time. Have you met your jonin yet?" I say.

"No. He is really late." Naruto complains.

I knew exactly who they had now. He will be a great sensei, I just know it.

Naruto picks up a chalkboard eraser and wedges it in the sliding door.

"You know a jonin wouldn't fall for that!" pinky scolds.

Naruto ignores her, taking his seat and looking at the door. In a couple of minutes, a hand was seen. The door opened and the eraser landed on silver hair.

Naruto began a fit of laughter.

"Oh, Kakashi..." I sigh.

《☆☆☆》

Author's Note

Heyo! Let me know how I am doing and if I need to fix anything.

I do not own the Naruto characters or ideas. I only iwn Kasumi and this story's plotline.

《☆☆☆》