7

《☆☆☆》

(Kasumi's POV)

I watched Naruto try again and again at the Jutsu I showed him. He was doing much better at this one than the last one I tried teaching him. The fire ring around him was not large, but it was there. With more practice this will become a easy Jutsu for him to use.

"I told you I could do it, dattebayo!!" he shouts in excitement.

I chuckled and shook my head. Naruto is always so full of life, I wonder how he will act when he grows up. Knowing him, he will probably stay the same.

"Good job, Naruto. I think that is enough for today. You need to rest for Kakashi's training session tomorrow." I say.

"Aw, come on! Give me something else to work on, dattebayo!" he pouts.

"No."

Naruto growls at me before stomping off. He was pouting and no doubt in a temper tantrum. Rolling my eyes, I walked towards Naruto to explain my decision to him. Before I could get to him, multiple figures jumped down from the nearby trees. They had separated me and Naruto. I instinctively growled at the shinobi, advancing towards them. I unfurl my wings and hold them above me in a threatening stance. One of the shinobi looked at me with pure interest but his eyes said that he had malicious plans. This man had slightly cracked skin, showing the proof of Edo Tensei. His blood red armor clanks as he moves towards me, they were ignoring Naruto completely.

"Get out of here Naruto! What are you doing still standing there? Move!" my voice boomed.

For once, he did as he was asked and he fled the scene. The man in red armor nodded back at his two fellow companions. The man with the orange spiked hair smirked ever so slightly, what were they planning. My eyes shifted to the last shinobi. His face was hidden behind an orange mask with one hole for the respective eye.

"Come on, Obito. We don't have all day." the armored man growled.

Obito nodded his head and met my gaze.

"Kamui!"

No. I knew what he was doing. The world flickered away as a new one appeared. We arrived in a domed training room, a suspicious chain at one end. The chain had a curse on it. The chain would suck chakra away from the user. My mind came up with a million plans, all involving putting that chain on me.

"Hi no Ringo." I hissed.

I duplicated the actions from before, creating the ring of protective fire around me. I added more chakra to it, making the flames flare up and roar.

"You dare imprison me?! You foolish people. You have no idea what I am going to do to you." I threatened.

Their faces were lit with excitement along with the light coming from the flames. I growled, the room's temperature dropping rapidly. I lift up one paw and slam it back down into the earth.

"Jishin." I growl.

The floor erupted in cracks and in moved around. The walls crumbled and shifted with every movement. The protective ring of fire melted any rock that came towards me.

"You puny humans have no idea what I am capable of." I shouted.

"Oh my dear Kasumi, what will we do with you?" the man in armor said mockingly.

"How do you know my name?" I question.

The man laughs maniacally.

"I've done my research." he grins.

My eyes widened. Did he do something to Minto before he died? If they could get something out of Minato, they could get something out of me. I flew to the closest wall and had my paws smash against it. The wall would crack, but it refused to budge.

"These walls are over 50 feet thick. There is no way you can get out of here." he chuckles.

I land and glare at him before my face hinted at amusement. The man grew confused, looking at me with a puzzled expression.

"Basuto!" I shout.

Chakra crackled at every point on my body making a blue glow around me. I turned to face the walls once again and rocketed off the ground. I made impact with the wall but it crumbled under the intensity of my chakra. It was only a couple seconds before I made it back to the surface. I continued to fly up and out into the sky. I looked around but I had no idea where I was. Konoha wasn't in sight, in any direction. My head whirled around, trying to see if I could recognize anything. I picked to fly to the right to see if I would see anything. I could only see the vast forests that covered the Land of Fire. At least I wasn't in a different nation all together. I flew for quite some time before I saw the tips of the gates to Konoha. I laughed in delight, no one could stop me. I landed on top of the arch that was on the entrance gates.

"Kotetsu. Izumo. Wake up." I said.

These two were the laziest gate guards I had ever seen. After I woke them up, they jumped out of the booth, kunai at the ready.

"Relax, boys." I groaned.

They looked up at me and they sighed in relief. They were lucky that I was the one that caught them sleeping. If they were found by an Anbu or a superior, they would be in trouble. I landed in front of them, knocking them over. They complained and protested about that.

"Stay awake at the gate. Times are getting grave. If I catch you asleep again, I will not hesitate to contact your superiors for proper punishment." I explained.

They nodded their heads quickly and raced back into the check-in building. I nodded in approval before flying off once more. I had to find Naruto to see if they had gotten their hands on him too. I sent out pulses of chakra that relayed information back to me. Each one told me about the chakra signatures they found. I waited until one that sensed Naruto's chakra arrived. He was in the south training grounds. Three other people were with him but I knew who they were. It was his team. I landed behind Kakashi, scaring him quite a bit.

"You could let people know when you are coming, Kasumi." Kakashi moaned.

"Where would be the fun in that?" I laughed.

"What are you here for anyways?" Kakashi asks.

"The Akatsuki made their move again, this time it was on me. They were planning on stealing my chakra. I need you to keep a closer eye on Naruto in case I disappear again." I sighed.

Kakashi nodded then turned back to his students.

"I have something to give you guys. These are registration forms for the chunin exams. You can fill it out and go to the testing building tomorrow. You don't have to enter if you don't want to." Kakashi said.

He handed out a piece of paper with a whole bunch of fill in the blank questions for the reader. I chuckled at bit at Kakashi comment on how you didn't have to sign up if you didn't want to. He gave me the stink eye and signalled me not to tell them. I laughed a bit louder this time. This team was something else.

《☆☆☆》

Author's Note

Hey! Sorry I haven't written in a while. I know that doesn't feel like an acceptable apology but that is all I can say.

I'm sorry.

Anyways, I do not own the Naruto characters or ideas. I only own Kasumi and this story's plotline.

《☆☆☆》