Me Too

-

 Isabella

I let my feet wonder where ever I was. It was long past midnight and I know that the boys and Chelsea are worried about me. My phone didn't stop ringing whenever I left; no doubt because once I left Chelsea went and told Wes. Honestly, I don't even know why I'm acting this way or why I left. I just know that at the time when Chelsea told me about them, I freaked. For eighteen years it has always been me and my mom; no one else and now after a few months there is four of us instead of two. Two is all that I have ever known growing up. My mom and I; there was no older sister or a father in my life.

I used to wonder why I didn't have a father like the rest of the kids in my class did. For my preteen years I hated my father, whoever he was, and I didn't mean it lightly. Hate is a strong word and I know that now that he has come back into my life and I have talked to him more, than when I was at home, that he is actually a good person.

When I left I took a taxi to the beach and that's where I've been since; aimlessly wondering up and down the sand in some type of way to understand my parents. They have their reasons they didn't tell us that they were back together but I guess that I want to know that reason.  It's none of my business why they spilt in the beginning but I want to know.

Was it the fact that their love grew apart or that the strain of having a child and being young parents make it difficult on their relationship? Pondering that thought, I sat down in the sand; laying my heels beside me.  It wasn't completely dark out; there were some street lamps on but they weren't bright.  

I listened to the wave's wash against the sand and the sound of the cars passing by the beach. Sure it was weird to be sitting on the sand at night but something about it just seemed right.  I breathed in the ocean smell and closed my eyes. My intention was to think about my parents and how in a few months they would be getting married but instead I let myself drift off to sleep.

-Wesley

                I paced in Isabella's living room as Chelsea, Drew, and my little brother sat on the couch. We were trying to figure out where Isabella would be at, at this time of night. We've literally checked all the places we thought she would be and haven't found any site of her.

"Damn, where in the hell is she?" I wondered out loud, asking the same question for about the twentieth time in the last few minutes.

"Have you tried calling her again?" Drew asked. I nodded my head angrily.

"Yeah, it didn't even ring it just went to voicemail." I shook my head. The last few times I tried it actually went to voicemail, meaning she's rejecting my calls or has her phone off or it's died. Either way I can't get a hold of my girlfriend, and that's not a good thing.

"You checked all the parks in a ten block radius, right?" I asked Keaton since he was the one that went looking there.

"Yeah, I even went and looked by the beach to see if her car was there." I knotted my eyebrows together, getting ready to ask why he was looking for her car when Chelsea beat me to it.

"Keaton, Isabella hasn't had her car running for a few weeks now, I drove her to your all's album party. She either walked or took a taxi to wherever she is."

"Shit." He swore under his breath as he rubbed his hands across his face.

"Did you just drive by the beach or did you actually get out of the car and look?" Drew turned to his side and asked Keaton. He mumbled something as he played with his fingers. I didn't hear what he said so I asked him to speak up a little bit.

"I just drove by. I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking about the fact she didn't have a car. Dammit!" He stood up and walked past me, heading for the door.

"I think he's going to go have a look at the beach, we'll be back and if we find anything I'll call." I rushed to Drew and Chelsea before I chased after my brother. He was already getting into the driver's side of my car when I made it out the door.

Racing down the steps I made it to the passenger's door before he could start backing out.

"Bro, chill out, it's okay to overlook some things." I said as he backed out of the drive way, spinning tires and hammering down on the gas. He relaxed a bit but still had an annoyed expression on his face.

"I'm just annoyed with myself. We could have possibly found her by now if I would have looked on the beach." He murmured. I didn't really say anything after that, no matter how much I tell him it wasn't his fault he will still put the blame on his shoulders.

"Should we check down by the board walk first since it has an area that has lamps for light?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah that sounds good." He pulled into a space in the parking lot behind the sand and parked the car. I unbuckled the seat belt and grabbed my phone, unlocking it to see if maybe Bell answered my calls or texts back.

When I saw the screen blank and the time, I angrily shoved the phone in my pocket as I got out of the car. It was two thirty in the morning and here we are looking for my girlfriend.

"Should we split up and look?" Keaton asked me as he came around the front of the car.

"No, we need to stay together. Come on we'll start looking by the pier first."

Walking down the sand in shoes felt weird, I usually never am wearing shoes in the sand. It was actually easier to look out and view the beach more when there wasn't anybody there.  We could see a lot farther down the beach; that's when I noticed something about half a mile down from us.

It wasn't very clear but I was almost sure it was Bell. Without warning Keaton, I took off sprinting towards it; leaving him to catch up as he was shouting at me. I didn't care though because as I got closer I knew it was Isabella; I just was hoping she was okay.

"Bell!" I exclaimed loudly as I dropped to my knees beside her. My yelling made her eyes pop open in surprise.

"Wes? Keaton?"  She whispered hoarsely as she tried sitting up. Keaton managed to catch up and now sat on the opposite side that I was.

I pulled her into my chest, thanking everyone that was watching above that she was okay.

"What were you thinking? Just leaving like that and not telling anyone, do you know how worried all of us were?" I whispered softly into her hair. Keaton stood up and walked a little ways away, pulling his phone out to call Drew, I'm assuming.

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking that I needed some time to think about my parents and how they are getting married." She pulled away from me and covered her face.

So that's what it was, her mom and dad are getting married.

"Bell, no matter what, I'm always going to be here for you; that's kind of what a boyfriend is for. Next time, no matter what's going on, just come to me and let it out. I know sometime you'll need your space and when you do just let me know where you're going because you could have gotten seriously hurt or worse, okay." I lightly pulled her hands away from her face. She nodded her head as her eyes met mine.

"Good, now how about we get you home?" I gave her a smile, letting her know that I wasn't upset with her.

"What time is it?"

"A little after two I believe." Keaton beat me to the answer. I watched as her eyes popped open and a look of realization appeared on her face.

"Holy shit." She muttered as she tried getting up. Swaying slightly I knew she wouldn't stay up for long. Picking her up bridal style, I let her rest her head against my shoulder.

"Can you grab her stuff?" I asked Keaton. He gave me a nod of his head before doing what I asked.

As I carried her back to the car, I stole a kiss. "I'm glad I found you." I whispered softly. She nuzzled her head into my chest before breathing in deeply.

"Me too."

Stay Beautiful 

-Courtney <3