Dad

-Isabella

                      "When is your dad coming home?" I asked Chelsea the next morning while we were eating breakfast. She made waffles and bacon while I took a quick shower. When I was done and dressed I came downstairs to see her putting the plates on the table.

"Sometime today. He would've been back with me the day I left California but they didn't come to an agreement until yesterday morning."

Last night after we got done talking about Drew, Wesley, and Keaton and how they are my best friends I asked her about her dad.  She gave me the some facts about him but didn't go into very much detail. She did, however, tell me about how her mom was. Her dad had told her that it just didn't work out between the two of them when Chelsea was little and when they separated her dad took full custody of her.

She's never met her mom and doesn't remember her at all. Other than the pictures she found when she was younger she doesn't know what she looks like. I had felt guilty because I had done the same thing when I was little and my mom had freaked out about it. I never did see the photos again.

"Is your dad gone for a long time?" I didn't really want to pry information out of her, just get to know her situation better since we were kind of the same.

"Most of the time, it actually feels like I live alone most of the time." She shrugged it off like it wasn't a big deal. I left the conversation at that as I ate my breakfast quietly.

Once we finished breakfast Chelsea suggested that we should head to the mall since it was only about ten minutes away from where she lived. I agreed since I desperately wanted to see what all kinds of clothes they had on sale.

"I'll go but we have to take your car." She nodded her head as she stood up out of her seat.

"Sure, I'm going to take a quick shower first then we can go, okay?" I gave her an okay as she took both of our plates into the kitchen, setting them in the sink and then running some water over them. When she disappeared upstairs I wandered into the living room to grab my phone off charge.

As I unplugged it from the charger I noticed the picture of Chelsea and, I presuming, her dad. It was them two standing side by side at her graduation. I smiled at the picture; she did look like her dad a lot.

He wasn't at all what I thought he would look like; he had black hair and green eyes. Although Chelsea's eyes are blue, but she still has the darker hair.

As I turned my attention back towards my phone I noticed I had a message. I slide the lock at the bottom of my phone and the message came up. I was definitely not expecting it to be Wesley talking to me.

I was a complete dick to you, Bell and I want to apologize for it. Let me take you out once you get back to make up for it.

I half smiled at the message, glad that he understood that we needed to talk and not over text but I was also still upset about what he said; that I was using him and Keaton. It kind of reminded me of what Theo said to me that day in the ice cream shop.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still like Wesley and all; it's just that my, I guess you could say, trust for him has went down.

I'd love that Wes

"I think I want to gage my ears another size." I wondered out loud as I look at the case before me.  We were roaming around the tiny Hot Topic store trying to find something different than what we normally would wear. Chelsea had a few band t-shirts in her hand as she wandered over to where I was standing. She looked at the case and asked me which ones I liked.