Problems

-Isabella

 "Where'd that come from Keats?" I asked trying to steer the conversation away from the topic. I definitely did not want to have this conversation with Keaton. He's one of my best friends but talking crushes with him, or any of them, was never something I had done.

"Izzy I can see it in your eyes that you like him. It may not be so obvious to the other two but I watch how you act with him. Your whole demeanor changes, if he asked you to do something you'd do it in the blink of an eye, or how you blush whenever he compliments you and when some other guy does it you just brush the comment off." At this my face turned a very red.

So Keaton figured it out just by watching my actions. This is great, is it that obvious that I have a massive thing for Wesley? I hope not.

"Does it matter?" I asked hoping he would just drop the subject, bury it, and never open it back up but of course it didn't go that way.

"Nope, it would be kind of cute if you both started dating though. You two are always together anymore so and both of you are obvious with how you act around the other." At this I laughed, loudly. He's kidding right? Wesley liking me is just too funny. I'm the one girl who's too awkward and shy, the one he's not know for even two years and for most of that he was on the X-factor.

I guess I laughed just a little too loud because the two boys who were a good ways up, turned around to see what I was laughing at. I could barely make out Wes's face and when I did he looked hurt but as quickly as I saw it he turned around.

"I don't know if he likes you but I'm guessing by the way he looked right there he does and if he doesn't he's stupid not too." Keaton shoulder bumped me to look at him. My face was emotionless as I took what he just said in. Soon enough we caught up with Wesley and Drew as they had slowed down quiet a bit.

Drew, Keaton, and I were had started talking about which map was the best on Call of Duty; that was until I noticed that Wes was being unusually quiet. I didn't know why, everything had been just fine.  Falling back from the three boys to watch as they all walked a few feet away.. I don't know why but I had just wanted to sit and think for a moment, and that's exactly what I done. With my toes just barely hitting the water, I sat on the cold sand. I don't know why but for some reason when Keaton brought the subject it struck a nerve in my heart.

Wesley would never like me. I had been delusional to think that he every could. I was a girl from some hick town in West Virginia, he was famous and about to achieve dreams that I would only hold him back from. He'll have beautiful girls, models, singers, and actresses lining up to be his girlfriend, I'm boring compared to them.

I have problems that you could see from outer space.

"What's wrong babe?" For the second time tonight, I jumped at the sound of Wesley's voice coming from beside me.

I gave him a humorless laugh, turning to him afterwards. "Everything's wrong right now Wes. School, mom, Theo,  I just don't even want to deal with any of it right now." I told him, trying to keep the tears from surfacing. I hated crying, especially in front of people.

Wes sat down beside me and pulled my into a sideways hug. I closed my eyes and basked in the moment, which actually wasn't helping my heart in the least.

"What about each of them is stressing you out?" He urged. I sighed and opened my eyes mentally preparing myself for what I was about to say. I didn't want to say anything about it to him.

"Wes, I think I might..... drop out of college." I said in a rush. I wasn't planning on telling him I liked him, that wouldn't be coming out for a while. I decided to start on the easiest topic first.