What The...

-Isabella

                As I walked away my heart ached a little. When he kissed me everything seemed so perfect. I loved every second of it and that nagging feeling I had in my stomach simmered enough to let my happiness come through. Thinking of how perfect we fit together or the way his lips felt on mine. It was a kiss I've never experienced before, not with Theo or any of my other ex-boyfriends, just with him.

I walked down the pier and noticed only a few shops were still open as it was almost eleven. I walked into the first shop and rolled my eyes, of course, it had to be a Head Shop; or as I like to call it the place for smokers. It was filled from top to bottom with glass pieces and different hookah parts and bowls. I don't smoke at all but I just had to find this place funny with the signs that say for tobacco use only. No teenager is going to just use it for tobacco. I shook my head and walked out of the store, noticing there were less people walking up and down the pier, already leaving from the festivities.

Since I moved here for school and I was too focused on my work I never really hung out with people in my classes, I had seen some familiar faces but that's exactly what they were; familiar faces. Some would say hi and give me a wave but as for holding a conversation, it was nonexistent.

There was a shirt store I went in next, the type of styles ranged from tank tops to hoodies.  To pass the time I searched through the first rack until I became bored and went into another store that actually had some real clothes in it; not just tourist attraction.

There was a cute little dress and then some faded skinny jeans that were hanging up. Those were the first two things I noticed whenever I entered the store. I didn't have any money on me but that didn't mean that I couldn't look around and just check everything out now good it?

"Hello Isabella." I rolled my eyes at Theo's voice to try and show him I wasn't in the mood for him but instantly felt that weird feeling again in my stomach. It's sad to say but the way he's been acting has me absolutely terrified about what he would do.

"What do you want Theo?" I said in a monotone. Not really wanting to show the true emotion I was feeling. No need for him to know that I was actually afraid of him.

"What I can't talk to you like a regular person?" He said sweetly. I've heard that voice quite a bit before, he uses it whenever he wants me to listen. I used to go running back to him, whenever we would fight he'd always say something sweet and it would have me back in his arms. That, of course, was in the beginning of our relationship before he changed into a commanding asshole.

"Okay Theo, we'll talk." I sighed unsure of how this little event will turn out. He smiled and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the store and onto the pier. I didn't pull my hand away, afraid it would only make him grip it tighter, as he led me away from the festivities. 

He walked down to the end of the pier, noticing that the stage had started to be taken down. Crossing my arms as he stopped, I tried to keep a good distance between us. Theo stood quiet for a second before speaking.

"The way I've been acting towards you has been uncalled for and for this I really want to step up and say I'm sorry. You should be treated with respect and like a princess. Not having to lift a finger and being told that she's beautiful every single morning when she wakes up and all throughout the day. You should have flowers bought and hand delivered to you every day just to let you know that someone is thinking of you."

For a moment he actually reminded me of the guy I first met; the sweet, caring, and very romantic one that I almost fell for him again but as he stepped closer to me and spoke softly I could see it in his eyes. He was lying about it, nothing connected in his face. His voice was soft and gentle but in his eyes all I saw was the enraged man who was in the ice cream shop the other week.

 My feet stood planted in fear as he was inches in front of my face now, his lips hovering over my face making his hot breath fly into my face. I inwardly cringed, not liking this new proximity. 

"T-Theo, I-." I tried speaking but soon his lips smashed onto mine, unwilling. His arms moved to wrapped around me, keeping me locked in his embrace. After a moment of his lips pressed to mine he pulled away long enough for me to speak.

"Get off me." I pushed him in the chest, only making him chuckle in response. My attempts were like nothing to him, as he just pulled me back to him.

"Nah, I kind of like this." He whispered and moved his lips back on mine. His hands moved down to my back, sending a revolting feeling through me. "Get off me." I struggled against him, knowing that if I didn't do something to get away he'd try something else and I wasn't about to let that happen.

"I think she said t get off her." A voice sounded behind Theo. He turned around to see Keaton standing there, his hands in fists as he burned holes into Theo's skull. Theo pulled away from me, letting my shoulders go in the process; stepping closer to Keaton than me.

"And what are you going to do pretty boy?" Theo smirked at him but it quickly was wiped off his face as Keaton's eyes flared and he punched him in the face. A small gasp escaped my lips as I saw Theo turn to the right and collapse onto the hard wood.

I stepped shakily away from him and ran towards Keaton. My arms wrapped around his neck, hugging the life out of him. "Izzy, it's okay."  I hadn't even noticed I was crying until he ran he thumb under my eyes, wiping them away.

"I want to go home Keats." I said quietly, afraid that Theo would magically stand back up and begin a fight. Keaton nodded his head and pulled me away from the madness going on and over to the parking lot.

"Come on, I'll drive you home." He walked me to his car and opened the door for me. In a daze, I climbed in and watched as Keaton walked around to the driver side. The ride home was quiet, neither of us talked about what happened but I still had the silent tears running down my face. When he pulled up into my driveway I got out of the car and went to my apartment door, unlocking it and stepping in with Keaton standing there awkwardly.

"Come in please?" I said softly. I honestly don't want to be here alone whenever I know that I pissed Theo off. Keaton walked in and shrugged his shoes and jacket off as I walked up stairs and changed into something else and washed my crusty makeup off my face.

When I got back downstairs, Keaton had the television onto my favorite show; The Golden Girls. I grabbed a few things out of the kitchen before coming in and sitting beside Keaton. "Thank you for that. I truly am so appreciative of you right now." I told him, not looking up from my hands.

"Don't thank me. I had got out of the meeting early and knew I needed to find you for Wes." I smiled sadly hearing his name. Sad not because he's talking about him but because of how we got interrupted during our first kiss. "I also know that you guys kissed. I'm happy for you two. When's the wedding?" He joked, causing the thick air to lift. I shoved his shoulder, a blush covering my cheeks.

"You'll be one of the first to know when it is, Keats."

As the night wore on Keaton and I talked for a while before I had fallen asleep with my head on Keaton's lap. Surprisingly Wes and Drew never showed up as I figured they would. The next morning I woke up groggy and confused as I heard footsteps coming into the living room and then a loud voice yell out.

"What the fuck?"

*All the last chapters Edited in July 2021*